Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price list for Renovating a 70's house including Rewire & Plumbing

Options
  • 08-04-2024 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

As I have posted on here a few times looking for pricing for the above I thought it might be a good idea to post how much everything has ended up costing us in the end, might help some other board members with budgeting

For reference, the house is a 76m2 3 bed terraced house, 2 stories, with 1 bathroom, a sitting room, kitchen, 2 good size bedrooms and 1 box bedroom.

The house is plumbed for Oil with an old firebird boiler using 90's plumbing downstairs with older 1970's gun barrell upstairs, house has tonge and grove top flooring with bottom cement underlay.

Costings as follows

Replumb of house from oil to gas with new boiler, 7 new radiators, TRV valves and hive system implementation, cost to include all removal of old system including outdoor tank, moving sink area to another location but leaving waste pipe and cold water for new location of washing and drying machines - €14,301 Incl VAT, only other quote I received for the same job was €17,757, many other plumbers either didnt get back to me, or were taking too long

Rewire of entire house with removal of all old wiring, adding anywhere from 3-5 additional sockets to all rooms and chased, price will not include any plastering work to be done afterwards, sensor lights to be added to front and back and lan ports to be put into 4 rooms all routing back to front hallway - €11,350

New Kitchen minus appliances from Cash and Carry incl fitting, kitchen to be an L shape area with an additional wall having a larder and counter tops with Washer dryer placement underneath - €13,000

New front and back external composite doors -€3680

New flooring throughout the house, LVT wooden in sitting room, hallway, kitchen and 2 bedrooms, carpet in the rest with a carpet runner going up the stairs - €5,050

I hope the above figures can help someone in some way with trying to come up with a budget for their own renovation works, it has been quite hard to get trade people to come back to me with only 1 electrician I contacted out of about 20 coming to the house and quoting for the works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rosia

This is really helpful, thanks for posting. Do you mind if I DM to ask about a few of your suppliers? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 barnabyjones77

That's very helpful. What BER standard did you get? Is the heating system efficient compared to a hear to water system?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

BER starting out at C3, there is already 300mm insulation in the attic, but the front and back walls are timber frame and basically hollow so air to water would have been a waste as well as the windows being old too.

With the new system and the electrics being redone they estimate I will be upto a B3/2 by the end and I have not focused at all on upgrading the BER

Advertisement