Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric or own engine power washer

Options
  • 04-04-2024 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Lads.Have a good Ryobi power washer, not cheap, use it and put it away for a couple of years, won't start then, out to repair guy €50 and away it goes, serious power, seemingly leaving them idle in garage, pump seizes up, so need to sell it to someone that uses it more regularly, buying a 6.5 hp honda, but it is way to strong,it would eat the yard out of it,is there a way around my minor dilemma, the Ryobi is deadly but let's me down,is there a way to pack away Ryobi so as it works.

Thanks Husq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭husq

Bit late jumping on to this, I'm having problems myself, seemingly leaving a power washer lying up for long periods the pump and other stuff just seizes up, don't think it's the water, I now have a dilemma, repair mine or dump it or does anyone know of a repair guy in the Midlands

Maybe it's just not worth it, problem seems to be not using it often enough, same **** properly going to happen again, repair and pass on to family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I don't know what kind of use you have for your washer, but it seems to be infrequent and you want something that you can rely on to start everytime?

I bought a Nilfisk C120 back in 2019, complete with a decent suite of accessories £104.20(Paid in Stg on Amazon) and it gets used 4/5 times a year and works every time. The Nilfisk has the added benefit of an all metal pump and it makes a huge difference to longevity IMO. I picked up 1 of the drain Lidl cleaning hose kits and it does every job I've thrown at it and done it well.

4 to 5 times a year would probably not have me in the bother I'm in, probably 3 years since I used mine and it was expensive and really powerful but it's unreliable and not a good fit for me,if you may know anyone to repair I'd be grateful, I know a great guy on tools but he hates power washers with a passion.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement