Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge for a Communion Class?

Options
  • 03-04-2024 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

My husband is a photographer and recently started a photography business in his spare time. He used to do professional photography in Sydney about 10 years ago but decided to get back into it this year.

He has been asked to take photos of a Communion class (of around 25 students) and the client wants a quote for pictures at the church and then the school hall afterwards, as well as a quote for pictures at just the school. She asked about a backdrop and said there's no nice green area at the school so she just wants a set of pictures in front of the backdrop for each child. I was just wondering what a reasonable charge would be for such a job? Would it be alright to charge something like €20 per photo or €100 for 6?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

My son just made his Confirmation. There was a photographer at the Church who charged €20 and we got 3 different photos (on his own, with parents and with god parent)

The school organised a photographer to do headshots in the school and he is charging €35 for 2 4x6, 1 8x10 and 1 wallet size. Other packages are more expensive. Also charging €50 for digital download of 3 photos.

We paid the €20 at the church and the photos are fine.

Not sure how much this helps but that's what we were charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 retoos

IMO, a pricing structure of around €20 per photo or €100 for a set of 6 photos could be reasonable. Still, it is essential to ensure that this pricing adequately covers your husband's time, expenses, and expertise.

You may also want to research local market rates for similar photography services to ensure competitive pricing. Ultimately, the goal is to strike a balance between fair compensation for your husband's work and a price that the client finds reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I personally wouldn't pay €100 for 6 photos. For my kids' school communion/confirmation shoots for my school (people contacting local photographer individually), took the photos outside the church and charged €35 for 4 photos (2 small, 2 large) and emailed people a digital copy if they wanted.

Advertisement