Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice

Options
  • 30-03-2024 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Our neighbours back garden backs onto the side (gable) of our house which is south facing. 

We have a glass door on the side of our house which allows sunshine into our kitchen for most of the day. 

The height of the boundary wall.is currently 6 foot. They are looking to build a solid pergola on the boundary wall running the full width of their back garden and it will be right up against the boundary wall and what I've been told it will be about 8 feet high.

I believe it will affect the sunlight coming into our kitchen. 

Is there anything I can do about it? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Do they need planning permission? If they do, you can object. Although, right to light is not a planning matter, so if the pergola is reasonable the changes are slim unless you can be easily accommodated.

If it is exempt development you have no recourse to stop them. But could press the matter civilly, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Advertisement