Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wire wheels

Options
  • 29-03-2024 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I have had no luck finding any outlets in Cork that can handle wire wheel servicing as in tyre changing without damage and balancing etc. Surely there must be guys out there with wire wheels on their classics? Where do you go? I am happy to travel to get this service…….

Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

What exactly is the issue? Never had a problem with mine when I had them fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Normal tyre outlets do not have the correct kit or knowledge to balance wire wheels. They can damage rims using the standard tools. There are plastic covers for the tyre irons but they do not use them. They use clip on weights which immediately cause corrosion damage to chrome wheels. They use a dynamic balancer when the correct method is to use static balance setting ……………….etc.

I have a set of newish chromes which will not balance so they may need spokes setting up correctly - not a DIY job.

Where did you have your wheels fitted/balanced and did they have the correct adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

I made up an adaptor, machine out the centre of a spinner to take a balancer cone.

Advertisement