Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to me

Options
  • 29-03-2024 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

apologies if this is in the wrong category- Mods feel free to move if wrong:

I’m in Cape Town & was just at a liquor store, when I came across these brands which are totally new to me. I never knew there were so many different types of Jameson. I also never heard of Shankys Whip.

Can anyone satisfy my curiosity? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's not clear what you are asking here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,899 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Shanky's Whip is a liqueur, you can get it in Ireland, descrived as "black whiskey liqueur made from a blend of Irish Whiskey, Irish spirits, and the delicious flavour of cream and vanilla."

Most of the Jamesons in the photos such as Caskmates, you can get here. It is Jameson finished in a cask that used to hold beer e.g. stout, IPA.

Jameson Select Reserve… seems similar to Jameson Black Barrel here.

Not familiar with the "Private Barrel" company.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I’m just wondering are these available in Ireland? Odyssey06 has satisfied my curiosity- thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭donaghs

shankys whip apparently started in 2021, and is made in Cavan

Advertisement