Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm upgrade

Options
  • 29-03-2024 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have an astec alarm which I fitted myself 20 plus years ago, I am going to upgrade this to a hkc 20140 ,one part of the house is wired with 8 core from panel 2 core for 4 windows ,2 core for back door E/E, 2 core for pir, 2 core for key pad, I can wire the pir to new position and use the 2 cores for new keypad, I can use dual end of line resistors for back door, This leaves me with only 2 cores for windows, I cannot get extra cables to windows and I don't want to go wireless, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Electrician ( retired)

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! Wireless is the obvious solution here. Why do you have a preference to avoid wireless here? It's a lot more reliable than it was and battery replacements are typically infrequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hugh 82

Thanks for your quick reply ,I will have to go wireless on some items 2 pir,s and a shed near house with 2 windows and 2 doors if it is in range of panel , I was just trying to keep cost down as wireless devices are expensive

Advertisement