Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does "No Upgrade" mean when referring to the potential performance of windows etc in BER

Options
  • 28-03-2024 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm viewing the BER report of a house and I don't understand why the assessor has marked the windows, walls, roof etc as No Upgrade. I'm assuming that upgrades can always be made and will be effective? Can anyone enlighten me please.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

The assessor has not proposed any upgrade to the windows on the advisory report. They have only outlined proposed upgrades to the space and water heating and they will theoretically bring the house to a C3 rating. It would make more sense to outline improvements to the fabric (roofs, walls, windows, doors) before recommending upgrades to heating system. Note this is just an advisory report but I would recommend a fabric first approach to your dwelling.

Advertisement