Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Bus from Dublin City Centre to Naas

Options
  • 27-03-2024 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Is there one? Or do I just get the 126 from Wellington Quay?

Stupid question, do I need to purchase the ticket in advance or do busses take cards/cash?

(haven't been on a bus in about 20 years)

Sorry for my ignorance, educate me! :)

Skill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

As i’m a train user I cannot answer Your questions about the 126.

However, JJ Kavanagh also do runs to Naas, but afaik You get their bus from Burgh Quay. Have You thought about getting the Luas to Heuston & getting the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I got the 126 from Wellington quay, paid €6.20 in coins and absolutely booted out to Naas.

I hate to say this as a car/motorbike user but it was so much less hastle/cheaper and quicker than my aforementioned modes of transport. When I arrived, there was no worry about parking / theft, it was a super experience

Skill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

the transport system in Ireland has improved immensely- I think CV19 changed the public transport a lot in Ireland. I’m from Newbridge and use the train a lot. No worries about parking/charges as the Newbridge station is a 15 minute walk from my house. I accept the Sallins/Naas station is a fair walk from the centre of Naas but overall I give the trains the thumbs up.

Glad Your bus experience was a positive for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The 126 from Wellington Quay starts outside Connolly Station, if that helps you at all. You can book your tickets online but probably not immediately beforehand. You can also pay cash, but as far as I know (from when I tried last summer) they won't take contactless card.

Advertisement