Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P Diddy the next Epstein/R Kelly?

Options
  • 26-03-2024 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭

Surprised not to have seen this mentioned here. P Diddy/ Diddy/ puff daddy/ Sean combs has been accused of all sorts of terrible things and the feds have raided his homes in relation to sex/drug trafficking claims. Not sure if it's confirmed but the Internet was saying he had fled the country to avoid arrest.

The claims are based on a civil lawsuit which includes a lot of evidence and is pretty sickening. Obviously it was enough to get the government interested. It's alleged he has groomed and coerced young men and women with promises of music careers and access to celebrities, provided them with drugs and even shot people. Similar to Epstein, he is also accused of having tons of videotapes of bad behaviour to use as leverage against people. Disturbing when you know that the likes of usher and Justin Bieber "lived" with him as teens so that he could mentor them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭concerned_tenant

Whilst I don't know enough about this case, I'm angered by the fact that those clearly close to Jeffrey Epstein have received next to no criticism.

Maybe there is something in this Sean Combs case, but what's undoubted is that many people in high positions of power end up abusing that power for their own sexual purposes.

The sad reality is that the vast majority of offenders in high society are likely to get away with it -- or worse, to continue getting away with the same crime.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." — George Orwell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Taken from reddit;

Just read the entire filing.

Summary:

* Jones claims Diddy likes to sexually assault everyone, including underage girls and Rodney Jones (male)

* Jones claims Diddy bragged about shooting someone in a club in 1999 and getting away with it. J-Lo snuck the gun into the club and gave it to him when he got in an argument with someone. He got rapper Shyne to take the fall for it.

* Jones claims Diddy threatened to kill his mom if he didn't participate in sex acts with him

* Jones claims Diddy wanted to pass him off to Cuba Gooding Jr. on his yacht to perform sex acts

* Jones claims Diddy would spike all of the drinks of women at his parties and had separate bottles that weren't spiked for him and his crew

* Jones believes Diddy has hidden cameras in every room in his house and has tons of footage of famous celebrities, athletes, and high up figures doing things they shouldn't have been doing and that because of this he's above the law

* Jones claims Diddy's head of security is able to fix "problems" because he has deep connections in the Miami and California PD. Because of this he's able to get away with the above allegations

* Jones claims Diddy shot someone in his recording studio and then instructed everyone at the studio to say it was a drive by and he was shot outside (which they agreed to). His head of security made some calls and even though all of the blood was inside and none was outside, no arrests were made, and they put out a fake story that he was shot in a drive-by

* Jones claims Diddy's chief of staff would instruct workers for Diddy to carry around bags with all of his favorite drugs and that anytime Diddy wanted his drug of choice, whoever was closest had to have it handy. This included his butler, maid, and others

* Jones claims Diddy would hire sex workers, often underage, drug them, and force them to perform sex acts with him and others

* Jones claims Diddy didn't want to pay him more than $29,000 for work he did over a 13 month period

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

And he had Tupac shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is a bad boy for life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And also, Prince Harry is specifically mentioned in the lawsuit as a person who Diddy could provide access to, or claimed he could, in return for favours. I'm guessing that means he has attended events with him since moving to the US?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,995 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Royal Harry getting implicated?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Never liked that guy , musically talentless too

Only in the sense that for him to be specifically named, he might have attended at least one of these private parties between 2020/2023 which is when the complaint takes place as far as I know. Doesn't mean he was aware that people were trafficked. Still not a good look for a self proclaimed family man to be hanging out at sleazy parties though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 81,673 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Next Epstein?

Yeah, maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Michael Jackson was right about that much at least: it really doesn’t matter if you’re black or white!

Wrong about everything else though 😒

Harry is named in the court documents but not implicated in any wrongdoing.

Two massively different things.

Harry is named in the court documents because Diddy bragged about being able to hang out with people of such high status.

He is not under any investigation nor legal claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Interesting that Kat Williams specifically named Combs during his Club Shay Shay podcast a couple of months back and he essentially said that he (Combs) had offered wealth / opportunities to Williams if he would provide sexual favours. I wonder was that the catalyst for people to speak out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

These rap types, I refuse to cal them musicians. Are a deplorable example to kids.

If there's something in this I hope the authorities actually do bring charges against the main people not the feeders that surround these types

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ToweringPerformance

All these rappers just seem like children that have never grown up imo. All their lyrics are about how much women, money and fast cars they have as well as how much they are going to "whack you" if you disrespect them. Absolute clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

And Diddy was in Get Him To The Greek with Russel Brand. #tinfoilhat

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I honestly don't know if he's as bad as the other two - yet - but I have just seen the video of the interview with a very young Justin Bieber ("I cant say what we're doing but it's every 15 year old boy's dream...") - plus the tales the singer Usher told when he was there aged 14 and there's a very uncomfortable feeling about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Gary_dunne

I really hope that if true charges are brought against him and anyone else who covered up or aided him in anyway of these deplorable crimes and action.

One point however, why does any rapper, musician, artist, celebrity whatever you want to call them have to be an example to kids? It's not there responsibility to be a role model for children.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

William is as "mentioned" as Harry is (they were at the same party, once, as Diddy as far as I can tell), but the Sun left that bit out for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,673 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah they should take a listen to what they consider music again. Most country these days for example: hey kids it’s cool to drink and drive if you wear jeans and own a truck yeehaw

• Advertisement

I don't just mean musicians and rappers, people often say footballers should show a better example to kids, it's not their job or responsibility to be role models. If they want to be act like a d**k and be a generally **** person (once legal) they should be able to be without the "won't somebody please think of the children" lines.

It’s absolutely their job to be good role models. Being in the public eye it’s part of how they earn their incomes - Taylor Swift for example has just sold out a worldwide tour and is one of the best selling artists of all time, because she is a role model which young people aspire to. P whatever is no different - because of his public image he was able to do what he does, and he had the power to do it. That kind of power carries with it a responsibility to be a positive role model, as opposed to taking advantage of young people who look up to them.

But it isn't their job, their job is a musician, footballer, actor or whatever they are. Just because someone is in the public eye doesn't mean they have to act or behave a certain way for the people who like or admire them.

There only responsibility is to not take advantage of their fans or admirers, other than that they're free to do whatever they want within the law and have no absolutely zero responsibility to be a good person or a role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I'm unsure why that is even a question!!!

If a successful act had to be a responsible role model for one's children we'd never have had rock and roll and Elvis would be happily living in Tennessee after retiring from the farm, surrounded by his grandkids!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

I wouldn't go along with that. Inspiration maybe, but role model, no.

If you're doing your job as a parent, your child should have all the role model they'd ever need. Farming that responsibility out to someone else, be they a musician, sports star, actor or whatever, well that's just stupid.

No harm in having someone to look at and say "yeah, I'd like to be that talented/successful" or think "yeah, I'd like to be able to do that" and get some inspiration from them.

But in truth, it's your parents/family/community that will have the biggest impact on your life, and if they're doing their job you'll have all the role model you'd ever need.

Besides, obscenely rich, particularly obscenely rich young people, tend to have a bit of an a*sehole about them. As the man said "just because I ball, it don't mean I should raise your kids".

And maybe if we thought our kids not to fawn as much over these people, many of them amounting to what can best be described as twats, maybe we wouldn't have such an unhealthy virulent celebrity-worship culture we have in society.

Parents have that responsibility too, that doesn’t detract from the fact that anyone who is in the public eye also has that responsibility. Like parents, they don’t get a choice in the matter, they don’t get to choose to have all of the accolades and none of the responsibilities of being a role model.

You can’t pretend that parents didn’t have role models and so they’re all the role models children will ever need. You can’t pretend that children see only their parents and people in their community as role models, because in reality children see role models far beyond that, and celebrity culture is hardly a new thing. As another poster pointed out - Elvis was a role model for many young people, sure he could shake a leg, but he also maintained an inappropriate relationship with a girl who was 14 and he was 24 when they met. P Diddy appears to have gone the same route, and the only reason it appears to be taken seriously now is because of his recent public statements and appearances that it’s been decided he needs taking down a peg or two.

I see a lot more of this in his future:

No, Harry is specifically mentioned in the civil suit. William isn't. It's not to do with the Diana concert where they both met him years ago, but private parties.

I think it's being taken seriously due to several lawsuits with evidence that have emerged in recent years. He's not just accused of an "inappropriate relationship", it's sex and drug trafficking, rape, assault, coercion, bribing officials and even murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There has been whispers and stories of what has been going on for as long as I can remember, similar to R Kelly. He's a total POS that is widely known

Advertisement