Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get 35mm film online

Options
  • 26-03-2024 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

When I'm in Dublin I buy from gunns & conns but sometimes want the film delivered to my door. I don't shoot a lot of film and obviously I pay to get it delivered. Is there any decent color 35mm film that can be bought online for around a tenner a roll?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I don't think there's ANYWHERE online you can get fresh OK colour film for €10, though the situation seems to be slowly improving. I've only bought B&W for years, I have a rapidly dwindling supply of colour in my freezer that I use when needs be. Recently got into spooling my own rolls of 35mm, got 30M of 250D for €128 including postage, which should average out about €6 a roll. I already had a bulk roller and some cartridges though, so that's an extra cost, and then you have to deal with the remjet somehow.

For laughs, this is copied out of a confirmation email from a 7dayshop order I made in 2012:

1 x Kodak Professional Portra 400 - 120 Roll - Colour Negative Print Film - 5 PACK! = £18.59

1 x Kodak Professional Portra 400 - 135-36 - Colour Negative Print Film - 5 PACK! = £19.69

1 x Kodak Professional TRI-X 400 TX - 120 Roll - Black & White Print Film - 5 PACK! = £16.19

1 x Kodak Professional TRI-X 400 TX - 135-36 - Black & White Print Film - 5 PACK! = £17.79

that's a roll of Portra 400 for ~£4 or so :-D

Ah, just checking macodirect there, which I check occasionally, https://www.macodirect.de/en/film/color-negative-films/?p=1&o=3 they actually have 24 shots Kodak Gold for €9:10 and amazingly, Fujicolor 200 36 exp for €10:45, which is the lowest I've seen a 36exp roll of fresh film in quite a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

A little over a tenner per roll of Kodak Pro Image

€10.97

Oh, that's good, I shot a bit of ProFoto years ago, it's a nice film.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I remember my Grandpa buying film to take photo's of his new Model T Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Dealz sold a batch of Fuji 135-36 ISO 200 a few years ago.A surprise to see anything like that.Bought 20

It was a good few years ago :-D I bought a bit, should have bought more, they disappeared eventually completely and turned up in bulk on adverts for twice then 3 times the price. Gougers 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Try these guys - Irish!

Advertisement