Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlooked by public playground

Options
  • 25-03-2024 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for advice

My family have a home in wexford which I have purchased after my brothers passing.

The house was not used often after my father's death 17 years ago.

When I moved in last summer it only came to our knowledge that the local committee had built a playground in what was once a school which closed years ago.

One particular tower is around 13ft high. And completely gives view in to my sittingroom, kitchen and back garden including decking area. And they continually cut the trees back giving more view into my home.

The park is accessible 24/7. So in the dry weather there is always someone in there. Children and adults do be on this frame and I have children shouting over at myself or my daughter. Or calling our dog and agitating him. Last summer I was enjoying the few hot days we did get out on my decking, I was wearing a bikini top and sarong, I got up to see a man in the trees next door and then he was on the frame with his kids all the while staring over at me. I was so uncomfortable I went straight inside and then got upset as I felt I couldn't even sit in my own garden. This is now a constant thought and insecurity i have.

I spoke to the committee who said there is nothing they can do about it, but I am free do something on my side at my cost they advised. Which I don't feel is fair. I have hedges which are 6ft high which gave ample privacy to the property but this tower is another 7ft higher if not more, possibly.

They have ample choices, such as moving the structure to another area or there is ample space between the tree and hedging on their side for a fence.

As well as that the amount of noise coming from the playground is beyond ridiculous, and I am partially deaf so it must be louder that what I hear. I darn't open my window or blinds for to be looked at or listen to continual screams all day. And the committee are now advertising to have children's parties there...I'm In dread.

My daughter was woken by our dog barking thinking he needed to go out but infact he was altered to voices coming from the play area at 230 am. There is no lighting what so ever and it is pitch black meaning anyone could be potentially watching the house.

I also feel this development could devalue the property or pertain to difficulty in selling due to the noise and intrusion.

I don't know what I can do, if I can take this the legal route, could I have a case ? On basis of the intrusion and the fact I no longer that a right to enjoy my property.

Any advice would be welcome, I have photos from the view from my property and view from the tower into my property

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement