Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD V1 campagnolo Super record eps rear derailleur

Options
  • 25-03-2024 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Long shot anyone have a V1 super record eps rear derailleur for sale at a reasonable price to allow me finish a groupset

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Just FYI

V1,V2 and V3 are all the same . The only difference is the battery/interface set up. The mechs are the same until 12sp came along!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Thanks unfortunately I got a replacement newer rear eps derailleur and it didn't work

yes I can upgrade battery /cables etc but too expensive

hoping someone will have a V1 rear to sell

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

That’s an odd one. Koutoubia is correct. The rear mechs did not change at all between version 1 and 3 (they are the same). There would be no need to update batteries etc. I wonder if there is some other issue if the one you have isn’t working.

I got this from the campag service centre in the UK so a possible other issue

'version 1 EPS system, from 2009-2012. The problem is likely to be the power unit - they can suffer badly in not kept regularly charged (if left discharged for any period of time, the battery inside can be permanently damaged), in addition to which, some v1 PUs had problems with retaining a correct set-up. '

Thanks for the reply lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

So you are on the V1 version of the groupset. The one with the external battery?

I would be hesitant to be buying aused rd at this point. New ones are hard to get and still not cheap.

When my 11sp EPs starts eps start giving trouble I will just uninstall and sell it for whatever I can get

• Advertisement

Ya giving up was worth a shot I bought the Eps off a lad on adverts ex rear mech should have done my research first :)

Thanks again for the advice

Advertisement