Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nervous about a 1hr 48min layover in DFW (immigration + checked bag)

Options
  • 21-03-2024 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi all 👋,

I’m travelling to the US on Saturday.

Saturday, March 23

MAD-DFW 

Flight: AA 8632 / IB 6149

Depart: 3:10PM (Terminal 4S)

Arrive: 8:50PM (Terminal D)

***Layover: 1hr 48 mins***

DFW-LAS

Flight: AA 290

(American Airlines)

Depart: 10:38PM (Terminal A)

Arrive: 11:41PM

Is 1hr 48mins enough time to catch my connecting flight to LAS?

Does anyone have any experience with Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) airport for immigration etc?

I read online that I follow a purple line because I have an ESTA and go to an automated screen to answer some questions and print out a ticket?

Someone on reddit advised me to download the Mobile Passport Control app as this allows me to complete/submit info when I land and join a different/faster queue? However, others disputed that claim so I’ve no idea.

I checked with the airline and I arrive in Terminal D and leave from Terminal A and looking online, when I get through immigration, recheck bag, I need to go through security again and get the Sky Train to Terminal A?

I hate short connections but this one was out of my control (work trip).

Does anyone have any experience with DFW? Pretty nervous here.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If you are booked on same ticket the airline will offer you next available flight to your destination or overnight accommodation near DFW if the next available flight is not until the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pureza

How did you get on ?

Immigration lines at DFW can be very long but American are quite good at rebooking you onto the next flight if necessary ,you can even do it on their app mid flight without the need to pay for WiFi

Having to collect your bags in thr USA for connections is another very good reason to go via DUB with pre clearance and no need for bag collection untill you are at your final destination

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭kirving

Not including immigration, I often transfer through DFW with a 1 hr layover, and never had an issue. The train between the terminals makes transferring very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Irrelevant really as OP has to clear Immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭kirving

How about you share your experience of regularly transiting though DFW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

My experience of transiting through DFW regularly is irrelevant as I always preclear in DUB. Of absolutely no use to the OP who hasn't come back to tell whether he/she made it.

Advertisement