Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Limestone patio? Best product?

Options
  • 15-03-2024 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

The spring clean and garden cleanup have started in earnest round mine. We have a limestone patio that has grown a huge crop of algae and staining over the winter along with some black spotting.

My usual course of action is to use Mossgo patio cleaner. 2.5ltrs diluted 1-1 and sprayed on. Left 20mins and then brushed before I pressure wash it.

This year the result from the Mossgo hasn't been great, and I don't want to get too trigger happy with the pressure washer.

I want to give it the best clean I can before I lay down a sealing coat.

Any suggestions on a products that I can use will be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I picked up some Gold Assure Chloro-clean at my local Co-Op and in the main, its done an excellent job. There are a couple of lingering spots of Black Lichen but, I'll get those sorted with some more targeted and less diluted Chloro-clean.

Long story short, the €17 spent on concentrated bleach was by far the best money laid out versus the other patio cleaning products tried.

Advertisement