Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere in Kilkenny to buy snuff?

Options
  • 08-03-2024 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know anywhere in Kilkenny that sells snuff (the tobacco products, not movies lol)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is snuff not illegal as per 2002 public health act?

**Edit**

Actually, now I think of it, as snuff isn't strictly an oral product? It probably is legal but I cannot remember the last time I've ever seen any for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johan30

Snuff is nasal. There are snuffs you can take orally but generally speaking it refers to tobacco you sniff. JJ Fox in Dublin stock it so it can't be illegal 😀.

I think you may be thinking of snus and/or other oral tobaccos. Commonly known as "dip", "chew" or "chewing tobacco".

Post edited by Johan30 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johan30

Interestingly, some forms of oral tobacco are allowed.

The law banning oral tobacco appears to apply only to certain forms. Pulverised tobacco is OK, tobacco which looks like little shreds of leaf or tobacco in pouches, snus, is prohibited.

Post edited by Johan30 on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

No but I know a guy who can sell you sniff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement