Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA in Counselling and Psychotherapy with Youth Studies ICHAS

Options
  • 25-02-2024 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Hi just looking for advice.

I found a blended learning degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy with Youth Studies with ICHAS. The reason I like it is the blended approach although there are mandafory lectures but does not mention how often.

Now the question arises around accreditation with IACP. It is not listed on their website but there is a change coming in 2024 that the minimum requirement for registration is a QQI Level 8 qualification which the above is.

Anyone do this programme or experience with ICHAS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smileboot

I'm wondering exact same. Their method of delivery is the only in entire country (that I could find) that can cater full time workers that are interested in further education. However, I'm afraid to spend 4 years and so much money only to realize I can't get accredited with the biggest body which seems to be requirement for most job postings atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Well I have some information which you will find relevant.

Have you a degree already? If so, you may be eligible for the Masters programme.

I was looking the main accreditation body and they are changing requirements where the minimum Is a leve. 8 degree. Don't forget CORU is coming down the line also.

I find it mad that there are not more opportunities for working people to study on a blended basis. A few years ago, a guidance counsellor telling me that young people are not ideal as they don't have the same life experience as someone entering Counselling programmes in their forties but those people in their forties have responsibilities and can't go back to full time education.

Advertisement