Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon 2024

Options
  • 16-02-2024 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Are there many heading over?

Flying out on Fri and back on Mon myself

Looking forward to it. Did the half last year and will do the half again in April. Nice little warm up and hopefully another HM PB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Yeah, I am. Well that's the plan. Have flights out booked on Friday, still debating on return, would usually wait until Monday but 6am flight or a night time flight doesn't suit me too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

on the 06:40 aer lingus on the friday and 21:45 on monday evening. did not fancy the early one on monday either, but wanted to be able to relax without traveling to airport directly after the marathon on the sunday

i got a place through sports tour international. used them for NYC before and the hotel had lots of runners from ireland and a good atmosphere around the place.

going over for the half in april too. will be nice to get a little taster for september - lot of miles between now and then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Me too but have a misaligned pelvis injury atm and no idea when I will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

I didn’t get in via the lottery and it looks like Sports Tour International and Marathon travel are sold out.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could gain an entry?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Heading over the Friday morning and then back on Tuesday morning.

First time doing Berlin and likely a final attempt to break the PB before age starts to get the better of me! Very much looking forward to the big city marathon experience and hoping the high standard helps drag me along to a good time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Have a look at the charity options on the Berlin website. I believe there are a couple of Irish charities on there that you could probably hook up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Duanington

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I applied there through Focus Ireland, how much do they usually want you to raise.

I think its different for each individual, not sure they have a minimum standard or whatever - I know a couple that have raised 800 quid and gone with them

I am signed up there with them, 250 non refundable and they want me to raise 1250, if i reach 75% they will let me register. Looks like i am doing it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

I'm also in for Berlin, got in on a qualifying GFA entry, absolutely thrilled. This is the one I've dreamed of doing since I did my 1st marathon. Travelling over on the Thursday and back on the Sunday night.

Training going good at the moment, trying out a bit of XC currently and a few different things before I knuckle down to a decent block of training (hopefully) Hoping to get myself a PB but mostly want to enjoy the whole buzz of it!

Marathon tours have places again. About 1450 for 3 nights and entry. It’s not that bad in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Yeah just signed up with Marathon tours, it seems a few tour companies got extra slots. It’s not a price considering it’s 3 nights accommodation and the race entry.

Just need to keep an eye on flights. Currently they are pricey at €4/500. Any idea of the going rate for the flights for the marathon weekend last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Think I paid around 300 return but I would have booked before Christmas. I was surprised at how expensive Berlin worked out last year. Great event tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

If anyone fancies a day after wondering around berlin. The Monday late flight with ryanair is currently €107.

That is good in fairness, its not too late. I'm thinking out early on Saturday with Aer Lingus and back Monday evening with Ryanair. Early start on Saturday in fairness.

Anyone get a code this morning to register. Extra spaces added. I went off and raised money for focus Ireland so looks like I have two spaces now. Oh well at least a good cause got money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Do they offer deferral option does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Got a mail today too. Very happy.

Anyone got a recommendation for decent hotel close to start/finish?

• Advertisement
Advertisement