Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mere Park Altidore Gardens Discussion Thread

Options
  • 29-01-2024 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone, new to boards so I hope I've posted this in the right place. We reserved a house in Merepark, Altidore Gardens in Newtown Mount Kennedy this weekend.

Just looking to see if anyone else has. The day was completely manic and I would be curious if there were any houses left not reserved after Saturday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiKinew user

Hi There - Yes we also reserved a property on Saturday, we went for 3 bed semi D. We found the day to be mad but also came away and couldn't believe it was so straight forward too. Process seems to be running along now, I wonder if it is possible to view the house again prior to signing contracts - just to have look when perhaps less people are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ash22pk

We have also been looking at MerePark, but haven't booked yet. My workplace is in city center, and it has been the only hesitation towards booking since the only public commute option is by bus, which can be very unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ivn0109

Hi, we have also booked a property in merepark altidore, but are confused about the location. Are there any social housing nearby, how much safe is it. We have been looking around the merepark and there is old state located just behind the site which seemed bit shady. Also, our office is in city center and yes there is only bus as mode of transport. Very confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hey I have been living in newtown nearly a decade now, its a very safe town the estate you discussing behind merepark is Season Park a well established estate in the town and not at all shady.

Regarding getting into town as you say the best bet is 133 I use it frequently and very happy with it but if you have a car there is also the option of the free park and ride in greystones to get the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ivn0109

Thank you so much @recyclops for your valuable feedback. 🙌 mean a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭prunudo

Yes, can also confirm, nothing shady about Season Park. There will probably be high likelihood that some of the apartments in Merepark will be bought up for social housing.

Advertisement