Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband - Cancel Contract

Options
  • 30-10-2023 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone have experience or advice in getting out of an 18 month Contract with Imagine Broadband. I have a year left, however Fibre has rolled out my rural road. Anyone got any advice, or should I just stick out the next 1 year remaining contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 1878

hi there, just wondering if you had any luck with this? My service is very bad in the evenings but being told I’ll have to pay out my contract if I want to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

sorry to jump on here but has anyone had success cancelling imagine . I cancelled on the 15th of March and was told I would have that months taken out and part of April. I don’t know why as I’m out of contract . They seem to have taken the full amount out this month also ( apr) . So 1 &1/2 months later they are still debiting my account the full amount .

Anyone else have similar issues .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciferos

only way to deal with all those companies:

1. Send cancellation via letter - if unsure use registered letter.
    2. Follow up on phone of nothing happens, lodge a complaint requesting with case number as you want to escalate this with comreg.
    3. If still no joy email consumerline@comreg.ie and open case with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭mossie

I cancelled without issue. I am waiting on a refund of part of the final month but otherwise fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭longrunn

Did you not cancel the direct debit?? As soon as you cancel any service, cancel the direct debit immediately. If there's any outstanding balance that you feel you need to pay, ask them for an invoice which you can pay via bank transfer or credit card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement