Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Terry O'Quinn is in this!

Bloody hell sign me up ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Any idea where u can watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not sure how I felt about that opener, found myself bored throughout most of it

Yeah got bored watching it too a very disappointing return of Rick for me.

• Advertisement

Also, don't see the point of having him chop his hand off, seemed very stupid - makes him a lot weaker character

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Slow start. Building a very long story arc by the look of it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm kind of confused by the timeline at this stage. How long have they been apart at the end of the first episode? And how long has Michonne been avoiding family services? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

It was 2014 when Rick is taken to the Civic Republic. From what we saw in the first episode at least 7 years pass (Omaha is overrun in 2020 and then Rick is sent on a year long mission) however we then get the caption NOW (the helicopter flight) which probably indicates it's 2023 or 2024 rather than 2021.

So it's at least 7 years they've been apart but could be up to 10 years.

Michonne doesn't leave to look for Rick till 2021 so she either finds him in a matter of months or more likely NOW is indeed 2023 or 24 and Michonne was searching for 2 or 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jarren12

I stopped watching TWD after Glen died however the new episode looked promising.

I'll be defo watching now 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I’ve only watched 2 episodes but he has had less screen time than an extra at this stage

That was definitely a bit of a let down as an opener. Especially with only 6 episodes.

Ok episode 2 was a lot better.

Yup - far better, got me more excited for the show now

God damn it.

I hope that lighter makes CRM suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Half way through already and wondering is there a point to it. 2nd episode was good but 1st and 3rd are just boring as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It has only gotten worse as the series has gone on. I think only the Daryll series has actually been good and even that was ropey at times.

One episode to go and still wondering what is the point of it. Was hoping it would focus more on the CRM rather than just a drawn out drama of a couple reuniting. Rick's character seems like a shadow of his former self imo. The writers just seem to be going through the motions.

This entire universe peeked years ago and has been on a decline ever since. Seems to be just flatlining now and lingering on with these pointless story arcs. It's becoming a parody of itself really where it just doesn't know when or how to die.

You would think this is a multi season show the way it's playing out

It would need to do some turnaround to warrant it imo.

• Advertisement

As @Sudden Valley said I dont think anyone would have expected Daryl's spin off to be the best of them but it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

An excellent show and for a few episodes TWD was getting back to it's core recipe for success. I think they will obviosuly end up next season merging with a Daryl and do a season from there to finish the whole thing out.

I thoroughly enjoyed Daryl and this show after the shocking way the original went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Is it just a limited 6 episode season & done or is there plans for more seasons of this particular spin off

Complete and utter tripe.

The Walking Dead Universe has turned into a zombie walker that just moves on regardless with no life in it.

Utterly aimless series with nothing of any interest happening. I guess the rumored huge budget was just to convince Lincoln and Gurira to return. The worst of all the post-show spin-offs and barely above that Teen-based one.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Id say andrew lincoln and rick is done.

Really enjoyed it. Good ending.

The finale was ok but 5 episodes of utter dross does not warrant a good review overall - even the climax was a 5 minute thing and done (like they managed to wire up hundreds of grenades with no one knowing) and the miraculous Glenn escape from a grenade was so obvious

Here's to season two of Daryl which is a far better show

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I liked the ending, but wasn't taking down the CRM supposed to be some impossible task? Which they did with a well timed climb of a tree and a few grenades. The only interesting part was when Beale offered a free pass to whoever Rick wanted to bring in. I was thinking what would that be like for a moment, then realised it would be the usual thing where they don't fit the model of the community, and have to fight.

I was watching this YouTube guy later, and he was suggesting that the spin off shows might all coalesce together in something like a season 13 of the walking dead.

• Advertisement

The ending was nice but after being bigged up for 2 entire series the CRM was dealt with easier than Negan/Alpha. The CRM were a huge anti climax.

Advertisement