Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro quality photo printing

Options
  • 04-09-2023 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Has anyone managed to get Canon Pro range or Epson ET-8000 range (or similar) working fully under LInux?

Canon is my preferred option, but appears to have no interest in Linux....Budget about E600-800

I'm not precious about distro (MXLinux for last 3 yrs, but open to change!) - I'll use anything that gives me ALL the printers features - colour accuracy is vital.

Current printer/scanner is Epson ET-2550 - everything works, but colours are awful!!

Any info or pointers would be appreciated.

garymt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

What driver are you using for the ET-2550 ?

1.8.0 seems current fro. this summer:

Hopefully this link works.

If the printers you're considering have postscript supported natively you're more likely to get them working fully under Linux. Newer printers that offer mobile printing support are also often successful too.

Linux printing support is now pretty equivalent to MacOS support.

I've got a Canon MX925 working well under Linux and even have a PPD file that works well on Chromebooks. Nothing special about the printer except it prints well on optical disc media. Canon provided reasonably regularly updated drivers.

Advertisement