Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prague

Options
  • 17-07-2023 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Things to do, places to eat, good bars for a couple please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Bump.

Going again in May.

Anyone have an opinion as to whether the beer spas good or a rip off? They seem like good craic (me and 2 friends) but pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are you going to see Rammstein? Off to Prague in May myself specifically for that gig.

Would also be interested in ideas from people regarding eating and drinking spots.

Have a day trip out here booked in:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedlec_Ossuary

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah good stuff! Id say that'll be a belter!

I tell you what, I thought it was going to be a cheap weekend away, hadn't a clue the hotels in Prague were so expensive. Managed to get a nice AirBnB in Praha 2 to try to bring the cost down a tad.

Cheers hope you've a good one too.

Yeah I got an apartment in Prague 2 as well, just near Pavlova station, happy with the deal I got.

It's close enough and apparently Uber is really cheap so would only be 4/5 quid to get anywhere if we're feeling lazy/after the pub.

I've been twice, one stag ages ago that I've barely any memory of, once with my OH 5yrs ago and we'd a great time saw everything really.

Will just be looking for a couple of decent pubs really.

We went to the Letna Park beer garden last time and it was class. Aslo Vyšehrad which is lovely for a walk. And we had a beer/coffee on the little island where the start of the INXS song was filmed (which I'll do again for sure).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Of those Astronomical Clock, Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, KGB Museum are a must.

There's some great walking tours as well

And you can get bus tickets from here if needed https://czech-transport.com/index.php?id=39 and you will be able to use them for all means of transport in Prague.

Tickets can be delivered to your hotel or to your home/office address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

It's been a while since I lived in Prague, but I'd definitely recommend checking out Vysehrad castle. It's the second of two castles overlooking the city and not quite as touristy. Should offer some spectacular views over the city and the river. The same goes for the Petrin tower on top of Petrin Hill. There's a funicular leading up there from near the river, and a pretty decent restaurant halfway up, with its own station on the funicular as well.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Advertisement