Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying in Belfast for 4 nights in July, any recommendations?

Options
  • 20-06-2023 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hello,

Visiting Belfast for a few nights in July with my partner and was wondering about any recommendations on stuff to do or places to eat/drink? We have a few ideas ofcourse which are going to the Giants Causeway, Game of Thrones and the Titanic museum. But when it comes to where to eat and drink we are stumped, any recommendations are greatly appreciated and if you have anywhere to visit that wouldn't be as well known as the typical tourist spots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Belfast is buzzing with restaurants.

Cathedral quarter has a load, 44 hill st and 6 by Nico (you'll need to book 6.....

city centre: EDO great Tapas, & Ginger (I used to work with the owner. he's a great chef)

Botanic: French Village, the Cuban Sandwich factory, Scalini and Town Square

Lisburn Road: French Village (another one!) and the crafty Vintner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ehhhhh.....when exactly in July? You'll find lots closed if it's around the weekend of the 12th.

A few of my favourite pubs are the 3 owned by Willie Jack, all in a little triangle in the heart of the Cathedral Qtr: Duke of York, Harp Bar and Dark Horse. The Spaniard is great if you can squeeze in. Bootleggers is also decent and I think still does food. Henrys & The Jailhouse is down one of the entries and is always nice, as is Whites.

Fratelli's is a good italian/pizza restaurant. The new Flame restaurant is pretty and has good food. Ginger is one of the best city centre restaurants by far - don't leave it too late to book though. It's always busy. Nu Dehli is a good indian. Go to Sawers at lunch for their deli sandwiches. If the weather's nice you can eat it on the grass in City Hall.

Advertisement