Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford Marathon 2023

Options
  • 15-06-2023 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I cant run DCM this year and was looking for an alternative for late Aug / early Sept (Dingle sold out). Longford marathon looks well organised and Im very tempted to sign up. Has anyone run this race before??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

Yes it's fine, well organised for sure, a lot of country roads but pretty flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

It's pretty flat. Well organised. no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

How many usually run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Small well organised long running marathon

Pretty low key but enjoyable however I don’t like the stretch along that main road

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Just back from Boston mara and even though it was carnage, I am ready to go again but I need another BQ before end of August/early September. Longford seems to fit the bill and in no mood to travel internationally again.

Its is AIMS recognised so should be grand - anyone BQd using Longford? I have to admit I have never been to Longford and know jack **** about the place and don't think I've ever met anyone from Longford either but the quiet country roads sound appealing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement