Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Viney RIP

Options
  • 30-05-2023 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭

Reported earlier that Michael Viney has died: https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0530/1386520-michael-viney/

A man who ploughed his own furrow both literally & figuratively. Gave up the day job as a journalist and settled into alternative living out west when it was hardly popular except among a few oddballs.

Wrote a weekly column with his wife Eithna for many years and these consolidated into books like Another Life etc.

May he rest in peace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I felt sad when I heard about this today. Which I found odd as I did not know the man personally. I loved reading his Another Life Column about his life in the wilds of Mayo. He had a great depth of knowledge about many subjects. A mind like his will be missed,but of course its as nothing to the loss his wife and daughter are experiencing. RIP

Advertisement