Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private security camera.

Options
  • 09-11-2022 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My neighbour has two cameras that can pick up the residents comings and goings, I reported this to the Data Commissioner, their reply was "that its minimal what he is picking up on camera" but he can swing those cameras around. This is causing me great distress, as one can't even hang out ones washing without being scrutinised.

Any Ideas anyone?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Is he/she scrutinising you hanging out your washing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Also, just because there are camera's, does not mean there are recording. the Data Commissioner (and GDPR) might only come into scope if the camera's are connected to some form of data storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

What is distressing about it. I have 2 cameras on my house and the gardai have utilised them twice. What is disturbing to you about this.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Also how do you know that (a) they are definitely recording? And (b) what they can actually see in terms of the area they cover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 AprilWilkins

Hello there! I stumbled upon this old forum post and noticed that it hadn't received any replies yet. I wanted to offer my thoughts. It sounds like you're dealing with a frustrating situation with your neighbor's security cameras. One option you might consider is talking to your neighbor directly and expressing your concerns. They may not realize how their cameras are affecting you, and they might be willing to adjust them so they're not as invasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

After 2 years since the op, people still commenting might be distressing. 😁

Advertisement