Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing 100A DC MCB for DIY battery

Options
  • 12-08-2022 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi all,

The last item I need for my DIY battery install is a fuse or DC MCB, I would like to get a 100A DC MCB, but it's very hard to source one at the moment. I've tried Midsummer, they only stock a 80A one. Midsummer UK don't export their GivEnergy 100A DC MCB unless you buy a complete GivEnergy system. I've tried another few suppliers in the UK, but they are all out of stock. The Projoy or GivEnergy MCBs are all priced around the €30/40 mark, but unavailable at the moment. If I were to get for example and ABB MCB from a electrical shop here it's closer to the €150 mark. I can find plenty other cheap ones, but they seem to be Chinese brands that I don't know and don't necessarily trust.

Any ideas where to source a decent brand one?

Comments

Advertisement