Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best schools in Rush?

Options
  • 07-03-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

We're thinking of moving to Rush this summer and I want to put my son's name down for a few schools ASAP. I know there's a choice of a few primary schools in the area so just looking for feedback.

The Rush & Lusk Educate Together would be my first preference but it'd involve a car journey rather than a short walk, so I'm wondering is it worth it.

The others are Rush N.S., St. Catherine's N.S. and Gaelscoil Ros Eo - anyone have any kids in these schools, or experience of them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

St Brendan's in Loughshinny is another option. My daughter went there when we lived in Rush and I can't fault it. It's approx 3kms from Rush.

http://loughshinnyns.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

To be honest they are all quite good.They operated a single enrollment form, you pick your preferences 1-3 on one form between Brendan's, Rush National and St Catherine's. The gaelscoil is separate.I don't know what class your son is in but I believe Brendan's had a waiting list this year.

I also think that the Educate Tog in Lusk runs a school bus from Rush....I am almost certain neighbours of ours used to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

shesty wrote: »
    To be honest they are all quite good.They operated a single enrollment form, you pick your preferences 1-3 on one form between Brendan's, Rush National and St Catherine's. The gaelscoil is separate.I don't know what class your son is in but I believe Brendan's had a waiting list this year.

I also think that the Educate Tog in Lusk runs a school bus from Rush....I am almost certain neighbours of ours used to get it.

Thanks for that. Sorry, I wasn't clear - he won't be starting primary school until 2023 (!) so I'm quite possibly getting ahead of myself, but wanted to suss out options ASAP in case there is a waiting list for any of them.

That's interesting about the ET bus... will look into that. Thanks again :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Oh you have plenty of time so.The schools in Rush wouldn't take names until the Jan before starting.When I said waiting list, I meant they were over subscribed after all the kids applied for this Sept. See if you can find anything out about the bus, I can't even suggest anywhere that might have info on it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

You are right to look into this now.

The primary schools are good. My kids went to Rush NS and cant fault it. I hear great reports about each of the other schools. They are smaller than Rush NS but very good indeed. The Gael scoil is also very good. There is a lovely vibe in the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Bookworm23

sorry for jumping on an old thread but wondering how you got on? We’re moving to Rush and will be looking for school places on the next couple of years.

We are eyeing St Catherine’s N.S as it’s the closest and as it’s the newest the facilities seem to be up to scratch. I would love any insight you or others have 😊

Advertisement