Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitchen experiences

Options
  • 27-06-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I've been doing the rounds to all the local kitchen fitting places in the last couple of weeks.
    (Didn't know there were as many as there are!!!)

I'd love to hear about anybody's experience over the last 3/4 years if ye've put a new kitchen in that time.
    Who did ye deal with and how did ye find them?

Both good and bad stories welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wheresthefibre

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I've been doing the rounds to all the local kitchen fitting places in the last couple of weeks.
    (Didn't know there were as many as there are!!!)

I'd love to hear about anybody's experience over the last 3/4 years if ye've put a new kitchen in that time.
    Who did ye deal with and how did ye find them?

Both good and bad stories welcome!

Hi,

Not in Waterford but we got ours in Castle Cabinets in KK.

Our kitchen was installed a few years ago and I still walk in and think wow :) We searched everywhere and nothing else compared at the time in terms of appearance and quality.... well worth the extra money in my opinion anyway.

The purchasing/installation process ran without any problems. If I remember correctly the owner measures the kitchen himself just to be certain everything will fit down to the last mm. Everything happened when it was supposed to. I really couldn’t fault it.

Sorry if it’s not helpful being outside of Waterford.

EDIT: Sounds like a sales pitch now that I have read it again lol... can you tell I love my kitchen? Haha

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Tried loads of them earlier this year . Evoke looked fantastic , top class stuff but beyond budget. Cash and Carry Kitchens and absolute joke when it came to price. Settled on morrises, top class job and was very happy with the price

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Got our kitchen with Evoke 2 years ago. excellent to deal with, design was fantastic and I love, love LOVE it!

Quite pricey though, but a kitchen lasts a long time so we didn't mind investing a bit more.

At the time, we also tried Enterprise kitchens and they were lovely. I just fell in love with the Evoke kitchen and that was it!

Would highly recommend Evoke

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Got a new kitchen from Kitchenworld a couple of years ago. Very nice appearance and quality, and well (if rather grumpily) installed. Good middle of the range price. A bit slow on the aftercare but got it done eventually.

Thoughts on fitted kitchens. The deep soft close drawers instead of presses are brilliant. Tall pull out larder press very useful (though I had to have it replaced as the first one kept falling off its rail). Would not bother with integrated equipment again, the loss of size is not compensated for by the appearance. Be very careful about integrating (ie enclosing) microwave, too easy to burn it out through insufficient ventilation. Wooden worktop very nice and looks good, but don't bother if you have a family using the kitchen, it needs a bit of minding. Ceramic sink lovely, cleans beautifully. Bit rattly with crockery, bit unnerving, I use a bowl the odd time I am hand-washing-up.

Edit: be aware of the difference between painted and foil-wrapped (?) doors. The paint is massively better, the wrap peels off too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

looksee wrote: »
    Be very careful about integrating (ie enclosing) microwave, too easy to burn it out through insufficient ventilation.

+1

I would get an empty cupboard space enclosed by the same doors as the rest of the kitchen, get a socket installed, and put a regular microwave in that space. If you have to replace the microwave (as you surely will), then you just go out and buy a new one - you don't have all the hassle of getting one that integrates, and then fitting the door flush, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mjdh1957

I had my kitchen replaced by Evoke earlier this year. It is great, expensive but as said above a good kitchen will last for years so worth the extra.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

We used C&C about 4 years ago, Kitchen is still perfect.

only issue i had was with the fitter, he gave me a bit of a bollocking because we didn't have a tap or a kettle in the kitchen for him to make tea, he said he'd have to go to the shop to buy tea instead.

Dunno where he expected me to put a tap considering the old kitchen had to be ripped out before he fitted the new one.

But anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

We used C & C in Cork this year. Really excellent and keen price. Very happy with the 2 installers in our case. I don't think many can compete on price with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Big vote for kitchen world. They were fantastic.

Really sounds lads in the waterford office too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

fricatus wrote: »
    +1

I would get an empty cupboard space enclosed by the same doors as the rest of the kitchen, get a socket installed, and put a regular microwave in that space. If you have to replace the microwave (as you surely will), then you just go out and buy a new one - you don't have all the hassle of getting one that integrates, and then fitting the door flush, etc.

But...that is what I mean about not enclosing the microwave. I did just that, except no doors, with a few inches either side, but it was not enough and it burned out very fast. The replacement one stands on the counter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Went to evoke first, they said they'd design a kitchen between the 5k-7k range so we went back down to see their design a few days later. Wasn't a mindblowing design being honest just loads of extra cupboards with no real purpose, so anyway we asked how much an they came back with 10k. Very odd experience, kitchen are the top side of the market quality wise though.
    Ended up with Kitchen world and got a really nice kitchen with them, they were hands on with us designing it as well. Afterservice was a little slow but we got there in the end. Very happy with the end product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Thanks for all the input everyone.
    Anyone ever deal with MapleLane kitchens in the sixcrossroads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Just found this after starting another thread, any more experience with EVOKE?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

We got out kitchen from Cash & Carry Kitchens in 1999 and it's still going strong with no complaints. My husband fitted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Anyone know of a kitchen fitter in cork who will fit a new cash and carry kitchen?

not being funny but wouldn't that be better posted on a Cork Page?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Got our stuff from Eddie Nolan in 2020 just at pandemic start. Dont know where he is based now in town, but excellent quality and fit

I know this is how long is a piece of string question, but I want to get a high gloss kitchen fitted in a standard 3 bed semi, can anyone throw out a few broad prices for such ,not including appliances, which would be integrated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I got a new kitchen in Homebase 3.5K and I think 800 to get fitted. It was almost identical but a much better spec (more wall units etc...) than a similar looking one in Cash & Carry for which they were charging 5K. Also, the girl in Homebase (Patricia I think - small woman with blonde hair) was incredibly sound and helpful, so much so that the parents also went in and purchased a kitchen from her a few weeks later.

Hi

Just gonna wake this one up, Anyone get a kitchen from Morris's recently?

• Advertisement
Advertisement