Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get these Spanish TV channels in Ireland?

Options
  • 22-06-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Have my present satellite up for more than 10 years so am out of the loop regarding the technical requirements, but have long been interestested in getting some Spanish TV channels apart from what is currently available from RNE.

Found Here: https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-3.0W_esp.php

o0yvsp.jpg

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

according to Satbeams the footprint for ABS 3A over the SW of Ireland is saying a dish size of 60cm so should be ok - I take it your existing dish is pointing at astra 28 so it will need to ne moved - a competent installer or yourself should sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

You also need to get a C-band LNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭tb66

These are all also available on 19.2e on ku band. Excellent signal here in Dublin. No need for new lnb if you point your dish there. They are part of the Moviestar package. They are also encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭timothydec77

This is the Satellite for Free Tv from Spain. It is expensive. €550 for 100CM dish, installation and Box.

Boxes on ebay go for €350. TDT is the name of the box.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055518055

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

TDT is not satellite. It is terrestrial TV in Spain through an aerial, the equivalent of Saorview and Freeview.

There are some Spanish stations Free to Air on the satellite at 30 West, which are strong signals in Ireland.

https://www.flysat.com/hispasat.php

• Advertisement

TDT is not satellite. It is terrestrial TV in Spain through an aerial, the equivalent of Saorview and Freeview.

There are some Spanish stations Free to Air on the satellite at 30 West, which are strong signals in Ireland.

https://www.flysat.com/hispasat.php

Tdt by Satellite.

The Tdt by satellite box is on Freesat.ie

https://www.freesat.ie/cid-126-1-info.html

https://www.freesat.ie/pid-725-info.html Channel list

Tdt by Satellite has a built-in card in it. I have no experience of the product. Just did some research on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Thinking of getting this TDT package. Would be great if anyone who has it could mention how it's working out for them?

If you want to keep Sky or Freesat channels then I suppose you need a second dish?

Any trouble with getting that Televes receiver to work?

Looks like it's intended to be used in Spain only by people who cannot otherwise get those channels via terrestrial reception?

Cheers,

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

If you have more luck than I've had, please me know. I've given up. Attached list is what you get for free. News and regional channels . I have them on occasionally to keep the ageing ear in. Yeah suppose then it's a card job and they don't sell to non residents, could be considered bad blood if we want be all Europeans. GO to Strasbourg and fight the case.

ARAGON TV INT

HISPAN TV

EXTREMADURA CANAL SUR A. 

CGTN ( Chinese state TV in Spanish )

Cubavision Intern

Telesur SD

TVE Internacional

24H

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

The two Hispasat satellites at 30W are home to the feeds that supply the DTT/TDT networks in Spain. They are nominally broadcast free-to-air but transmit using a non-standard MPEG transport stream that hides the TV channels from a standard free-to-air satellite receiver. Many of the more recent Enigma 2 based receivers can receive these channels with a bit of software patching, while the Technomate TM-5402-M4 can receive and show these channels on their own with the latest firmware for that receiver (self-confirmation) although I have noticed some audio sync issues on a few of the HD channels. Alternatively, sourcing a "TDT sat" receiver from Spain should also work.

The Hispasat footprints are fairly strong over Ireland, strongest in Wexford/Waterford/Cork and weakest in Donegal. Here in Tyrone I'd recommend at least an 80cm for reliable "most weathers" reception for the DTT/TDT channels, you might get away with a 60cm in the south-east.

The link below will take you to the channels available from Hispasat 30W-5 & 30W-6 at 30 degrees West - the transponders containing the DTT/TDT feeds are labelled "Abertis DTT". In addition there are a couple of DTT feeds for regional broadcasters that require a higher quality signal than the Abertis DTT feeds, so are more vulnerable to either losing signal in wet weather or not being received at all without a larger dish (the only advantage for the regional DTT/TDT feeds is that they can be received by any FTA satellite receiver that can handle DVB-S2 multistreams).

https://www.flysat.com/en/satellite/position/30-w

The R T V E app is good too. But some content is geo blocked.

• Advertisement

@TAFKAlawhec I bought one of these Technomate TM-5402-M4 on your recommendation, I have an Offset Skyware Channel Master RX 120cm Ku band, (paid €40 10 years ago as beginner. Seller didn't know what he was selling and I didn't know what I was buying, price today €840.) Now it needs a whole pile of TLC, the pole mounting bracket is big rusty. Let u know how things go. Busy for next 2 months. (That's boasting 4u) Actually won't be at home. Never tried picking up Feeds before, thought it more for the boffins, my interest is more languages.

What languages are you interested in?

Have many language interests. But Spanish, as it is the country I visit most often. And it's a question of keeping the " ear in". And being up-to-date on events etc. And I like radio more than TV.

19.2 has a few Spanish channels in the clear.

30 West Hispasat has radio stations in the clear.

My personal advice is to use the Internet for radio and TV.

Rtve app has La 1, La 2 and 24hora. Although some programmes are blocked out.

German channels are a lot easier to receive than Spanish channels by satellite.

@timothydec77 Thanks for your input

"My personal advice is to use the Internet for radio and TV"

You one of them Gen Zers? eyes not one. For me the interweb thingy is a last resort, not 1st. Been watching, listening FTA foreign sat for at least 15 years.

I want the world too stay the way I always had it, and one day you will too.🧐

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I watched Armstrong step onto the moon ... I'm so old I even have a 2 channel hi-fi and big speakers... I used to tune into the BBC on shortwave from Australia before there was an internet ... and I would suggest you use an internet radio app on a phone.

There are so many stations for Spain alone that with multiple flick fast blur screen scrolling, I didn't have the patience to get to the end of the list... must be thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You can hear Spanish stations on Medium Wave in Ireland during hours of part light / darkness. Some frequencies are very strong, but they reduced power recently to save money.

A sort of a half way house is online receivers all round the world, which you can tune just as if you were in Spain or wherever. There are a few in Ireland. If you are using Medium Wave the channels are 9 kHz 531 to 1602. AM mode, and if you click on the AM button it becomes AMN (narrower filter). Lots of other stuff e.g. if you select Navtex from the Extensions drop down menu, you can read the maritime navigational information being sent from coast stations on 490 and 518 kHz.

http://kiwisdr.com/public/

I do take on-board the arguments of council in favour of the interweb thingy.

However, may I state the following facts of my case against such newhfangled frippery.

De facto position of the plaintiff is:

1.) In either of his 2 rooms he doth have, also in total darkness, by means of IR zappers, control of a favourites channel with his 11 chosen radio stations..

2.) in the day room are 2 IR zappers so that on either of his chosen perches he may alter his aural companions..

3.) He walked out the back door 2 years ago on his hard broadband fiancee, and now is all done with in a non-committed PAYG phone dalliance.

I rest my case 🧐

Eyes not entirely opposed to the interweb thingy. See screenshots of my favourites when I can't find room in my backpack for my 1.2 Metre Channel Master.,

These are all FTA, no subscription, no interweb when eyes close to mi dishes☄️

No generation X.

I remember when first dishes came out.

I bought my first dish in 1998. Back then it was Astra 19.2.

My Spanish teacher watched the few Spanish channels on Astra 19.2. He found those sufficient for his needs.

• Advertisement

I get these FTA from Hispasat 30W. Receiver is TM-5402 M4. I think this receiver has a patch that enables this, don't have any other receiver to check

Advertisement