Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Play Betting

Options
  • 12-10-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

In play betting can offer additional benefits and also drawbacks to putting on a bet prior to kickoff.

If you choose to bet a match in play what are your reasons for doing so?
    What strategy do you use?
    Are there specific things you look out for?
    what markets are best for inplay betting?

Any other pointers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I don't think I've done enough in play to really vouch for this, but I think my approach is sensible.

When I bet in play it's usually a match I happen to be watching, and something will strike me.

A player given more licence to get forward or playing out of position (next or anytime goalscorer)
    A very open game with lots of chances (overs)
    A player clearly pissed off and in danger of lashing out (cards)

If the bookies aren't taking note and adjusting the prices from pre-match to reflect the realities of the game, then you can be in a favourable market.

I find it's a little safer to bet after a few minutes anyway, once you can see the team isn't suffering from a weird malaise, as can sometimes happen. I think it's possible to get an idea of this pretty early.

Another thing I'm trying to look at but haven't got much idea about yet is that after a goal is scored the odds fluctuate for about 5 minutes, and you might be able to pick up a good price on a bookie that's out of synch with the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Taking Spam to the next level :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

My profit is mainly from in play betting,
    Top markets I use:
    Asian in play h/caps 1st half and full time, great for when the favourite goes behind, see united, Chelsea, barca, juventus tonight. Profit was available in this market easily for all those games, most also had the insurance Asian 0.00.

1st half goal line when over 0.5 reaches around 1.8 or so, this will happen in most games between 14-16 minutes, and a lot of games teams really only feel each other out for the 1st 10 minutes or so. This market in particular is much more valuable in play than pre match.

Corner bets, if you can judge how the games is going with lots of Wing play etc the odds don't always reflect this and there is oppurnity to take advantage of this.

Corner match bet, or race to corners.
    If a team goes down a goal the instant reaction is to attack, based on my research for the last while they win the race to 3 corners or 5 corners even, more times than they lose it.

The Asians and goals is where I make most of my bets, but don't be fooled, it takes time and the majority of my in play will be below 2.00 but this is where I've found most of my profits.

I'd go into more detail but I'm on the phone and its tough enough writing this.

*I've been turning a profit in play for over 2 years

For example, my 1st bet since replying :

Mes sarchesme 1st half Asian 0.00, -0.50 @ 2.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I make good money backing teams when they're losing by one or drawing in the last 15 minutes or even injury time, and laying heaving favorites when they're winning but don't look convincing. The team that I'm relying on to score have to be applying very heavy pressure and/or look like scoring though, that is key.

Here's one from last night, 86.45 profit from a risk of 15

BarcavCeltic_zps16db1df4.png

At the weekend, 54.15 profit from a risk of 8.40

SpainvFrance_zpsa21227f0.png

During the internationals, profit of 125.11 from a risk of something like 12 or 13. I had originally layed Spain, and then decided to get out of it and back the draw instead because I couldn't see France winning, could see a draw at best. A bit of messing about but it worked out in the end.

SpainvFrance_zps77c410cf.png

And from last month, a profit of 28.5 from a risk of 7.70

ManCityvArsenal_zpscef75e2b.png

Now obviously I don't win at this all the time, but my profits far outweigh my losses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

I like to bet on a team that's losing by one (or two if it's a really good team playing at home) just after the 64 or 65 minute mark, as that's when the odds tend to go up a lot. That is if the team losing actually looks like they are trying to win.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I like to bet on a team that's losing by one (or two if it's a really good team playing at home) just after the 64 or 65 minute mark, as that's when the odds tend to go up a lot. That is if the team losing actually looks like they are trying to win.

Much better value on the Asian handicap markets in bets like this, see Chelsea last night, they scored 1 goal and my bet won, had they not of scored it would of been a refund anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

For example, my 1st bet since replying :

Mes sarchesme 1st half Asian 0.00, -0.50 @ 2.20
    do you watch all the matches you bet in play?

do you watch all the matches you bet in play?

I follow all the games I bet on, sometimes it's not possible to watch but the rball is a great in play betting tool

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

One of my favourite bets is the odd/evens

I find the bookie doesnt take much heed in this market. You know there's going to be a goal but you cant decide who'll score and the overs market is rubbish. Go for the odd/evens market

I only ever do the bet after the 60 minute, its seldom your going to get 2 goals in that time frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,815 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Advertisement