Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analog Synth Repair in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-07-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Guys.

I just want to know does anyone know of anyone that can repair old analog synths here in Dublin. I have one or two analog synths that need a bit of a servicing but I just want to see if there is anybody out there on boards that knows about this stuff and what they are doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Seamonster

Hi, there is a guy based just off Cork St. in Dublin who is a genius when it comes to fixing old analogue synths & gear, his name is John and his number is 0879762840. I have used him a few times before and he is fixing my Juno 60 at the moment. He does a brilliant job and I can't recommend him enough. I was looking for years to get my Juno fixed originally (A problem with the old chips) and eventually came across him, nobosy else, even Roland themselves would have anything to do with the synth so he is a great find...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hayfielddave

Nice one for that man.

Will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

+1 on John. He's a sound guy, good at what he does and also I found him very reasonable price wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Does tat dude John also sell classic synths as well, by any chance?

Cheers,

Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Nice one mate, cheers for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Valcin

Another +1 for John.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Hayte

Right I'm gonna give this guy a shot with my broken ass Xpander. 2 dead/dying voices and tuning has been f**ked for over a year. I'm dropping it down to him either tomorrow or on Monday with a trip report to follow.

Its been a 15 kilo paperweight for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nuboniek

Hi folks. I have an original Yamaha CS01 synth that I bought way back in the early 80s but due to non use over the past decades it no longer powers up. Does anyone know where, in Dub preferably, I could get it looked at? A powerful little synth and Id really love to get it going alongside my microKorg. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

nuboniek wrote: »
    Hi folks. I have an original Yamaha CS01 synth that I bought way back in the early 80s but due to non use over the past decades it no longer powers up. Does anyone know where, in Dub preferably, I could get it looked at? A powerful little synth and Id really love to get it going alongside my microKorg. Cheers

I can vouch for this guy: synthnerd@gmail.com

Here's his website, but it seems to be down currently: http://www.retroactivesynth.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 nuboniek

Cheers for that...Ill email him later today, thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think there's a guy on sundrive road somewhere if I can remember it correctly, think he has a Facebook page too. On a ****te phone now so will do some proper surfin later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Apologies for resusrrecting an old thread.

Does anyone know any alternatives for synth repair in Dublin? John doesn't seem to be in the synth fixing business anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grahamteeling

Hello there,

I can recommend this fella, 0864536625 Analogic synth repairs in Dublin and Wicklow.

best of luck 🍀

G

Advertisement