Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain after root canal treatment

Options
  • 31-05-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just a quick question: A few days ago I underwent root canal treatment. The thing is, a few days later, I'm experiencing a dull and aching pain around the treated area. I'm popping the Neurofen plus in order to keep the pain away. In fairness, the pain pretty much vanishes after a couple of painkillers. I'm just wondering is such pain normal after root canal treatment?

TIA!

DUTCHY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Richlp5

I had a root canal done 2 days ago. The front lower tooth. I still have a pain in my chin below the tooth. It is quite painful. I think the endodentist told me 72hrs or so before the pain goes away..so I'm just hoping there will be no pain after tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

The mucosa (soft tissue) around lower front teeth can be quite thin and tight, sometimes the area can be a bit tender/sore for a while after anasthetic. It should settle down soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Dutchy

Happy to report the pain subsided

Advertisement