Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch bloke gets thrown out of England for having really weird hair.....

Options
  • 12-02-2009 8:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

......but the government said it's because of his views on the Koran & Islam in general.

But they aren't fooling anyone, I mean look at the head on him!!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Geert-Wilders-Dutch-MP-Banned-From-UK-Is-Sent-Back-To-Holland-From-Heathrow-Airport/Article/200902215221965?lpos=Politics_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15221965_Geert_Wilders%2C_Dutch_MP_Banned_From_UK%2C_Is_Sent_Back_To_Holland_From_Heathrow_Airport
    5:53pm UK, Thursday February 12, 2009
    A Dutch MP who has been banned from Britain has been sent back to Holland from Heathrow Airport.

Geert Wilders received a ban on Tuesday
    Geert Wilders, who received a letter from the Home Office refusing him entry to the UK on Tuesday, has urged the Dutch government to ban the Koran and warned of a "tsunami" of Islam swamping the Netherlands.
    In a text to the AP news agency, Mr Wilders said he had no regrets about the trip, attacking "the cowards in the UK government," and accusing Gordon Brown of having a servile attitude toward Islam.
    Mr Wilders had been invited to Westminster to show his 17-minute film Fitna, which criticises the Koran as a "fascist book", but will not be allowed into the country because his opinions "would threaten community security and therefore public security".
    Sky's Mark White Reports

UK Independence Party peer Lord Pearson, who invited Mr Wilders to Britain, said the screening of the film would go ahead today "with or without Mr Wilders".
    In a joint statement he and cross-bench peer Baroness Cox said they were "promoting freedom of speech" and accused the Government of "appeasing" militant Islam.
    Lord Pearson asked Home Office Minister Lord West of Spithead: "Do you think this situation would occur if Mr Wilders had said ban the Bible?"
    Lord West replied: "I certainly don't think we are guilty of appeasement in any way whatsoever.
    "I don't want to go down the route of discussing a hypothetical case of what if he talked about this, what if he talked about that."
    The film sparked violent protests around the Muslim world last year for linking verses in the religious text with footage of terrorist attacks.
    A spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain said: "Geert Wilders has been an open and relentless preacher of hate - there is little difference between his views and those of the far right."

The way I read it, he was invited over to show his ''short film'' on the Koran, but when he got there they then said ''on second thoughts, we don't like your way of thinking, you go home now''.... but then they still showed the ''short film'' which expressed his thoughts anyway.

Tis all a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Gobs**te. I bet he's going to join Libertas. Him and those Independent Cnts.

I'm sick and tired of this Anti-Semitism, it's basically looking like he Nazis are trying to gain control again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Wasn't he in Ireland campaigning for the no side during the referendum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

......but the government said it's because of his views on the Koran & Islam in general.

The way I read it, he was invited over to show his ''short film'' on the Koran, but when he got there they then said ''on second thoughts, we don't like your way of thinking, you go home now''.... but then they still showed the ''short film'' which expressed his thoughts anyway.
    Tis all a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

What?
    He was banned from entering the UK on the grounds of a potential threat to public security - making an anti-muslim film. He decided to test the ban today, purely as a publicity stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

A bit hypocritical? The fanatics are allowed to bring rent a mob to the streets demanding blood over a silly ****ing cartoon but this guy is rejected entry to the UK because he might offend them?? It has to be the joke of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Police state TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

bih of a mad 'atter bloke innit? Wuh I'm sayin is that 'e seems to be on the wrung si'e of the fence, don' 'e?

Funny looking head of hair he has there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Nah, that fella that didn't win the X factor 2 years ago has that hair. As does Boris Johnson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Davidius wrote: »
    bih of a mad 'atter bloke innit? Wuh I'm sayin is that 'e seems to be on the wrung si'e of the fence, don' 'e?

Rodney: Trigger what are you doing here?
    Trigger: Well Dave, Del Boy said he'd give me a lift down the pub.
    Rodney: Oh I suppose that's... Hold on, you live closer to the pub then we do?
    Trigger: Yeah I know, but Del Boy said he'd give me a lift down the pub.
    Rodney: But Trigger, you've had walk past the pub to get to our flat!
    Trigger: I know, but Del Boy said he'd give me a lift down the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Didn't know he was mates with Bill Cullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

DarkJager wrote: »
    A bit hypocritical? The fanatics are allowed to bring rent a mob to the streets demanding blood over a silly ****ing cartoon but this guy is rejected entry to the UK because he might offend them?? It has to be the joke of the year.

LOL

and imagine, its a comment about a fictitious book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SmokeyJo84

he looks like rhydian from x factor gone wrong....or maybe gone right?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But they aren't fooling anyone, I mean look at the head on him!!!
    Pardon me,

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/conan_obrien.jpg

What's worse? rejecting one right wing politician or having a huge angry mob of Muslims banging down the door of Number 10 Downing Street.

.....On second thought, maybe it's not such a bad idea letting him show his film;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Riddle101 wrote: »
    What's worse? rejecting one right wing politician or having a huge angry mob of Muslims bombing down the door of Number 10 Downing Street.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Tom Trojan

But they aren't fooling anyone, I mean ...look at the head on him!!!
    You can see that with only a top-half shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

I thought for a minute that Chelsea were trying to get Ruud Gullit back as their manager!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

weird hair ?? jasus M15 can't plant evidence anymore ?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What's worse? rejecting one right wing politician or having a huge angry mob of Muslims banging down the door of Number 10 Downing Street.

So if I was to gather an angry mob and protest about something I'd get my way then? These "mob" participcants should be told plain and simple to **** off. Why should anybody in the western world have to walk on egg shells to avoid offending these mindless dark age ****wits? If they don't like it or are so easily offended by everything not part of their religion, may I kindly suggest they **** off back to their side of the world where they can act like like primitive **** throwers as much as they want, without the rest of us having to suffer their over sensitive bull****.

So if I was to gather an angry mob and protest about something I'd get my way then? These "mob" participcants should be told plain and simple to **** off. Why should anybody in the western world have to walk on egg shells to avoid offending these mindless dark age ****wits? If they don't like it or are so easily offended by everything not part of their religion, may I kindly suggest they **** off back to their side of the world where they can act like like primitive **** throwers as much as they want, without the rest of us having to suffer their over sensitive bull****.

Oh yeah because that's real smart yeah. You think it's just that easy to tell 5,000,000 muslim to f**k off back to their home. Incase you didn't know there are other people in the world then just you, people who are brought up differrently, people who have different ways of life and if you think that people should go back to where they came from just because someone insults them, through racist bigorty and anti-semitism, well my friend you obviously can't see beyond those dark shady mountains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

Ah, who gives a sh1t
    Dutchy goes home pissed off , religious freaks still pissed off, how the hell did it even get in the news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Why is antisemitism being brought up when this is about Muslims? Antisemitism is about Jews. Am I missing something or is someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Oh yeah because that's real smart yeah. You think it's just that easy to tell 5,000,000 muslim to f**k off back to their home. Incase you didn't know there are other people in the world then just you, people who are brought up differrently, people who have different ways of life and if you think that people should go back to where they came from just because someone insults them, through racist bigorty and anti-semitism, well my friend you obviously can't see beyond those dark shady mountains

I'm pretty sure he is referring to those who hold extremist Islamic views as opposed to the average Muslim. Only extremists ought to be offended by Fitna since it's directed at them.

What's anti-semitism got to do with Islam anyway unless it's a follower indulging in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

Get back to the Factory I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

According to the Telegraph on this story Britains right to free speech is now fu*ked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/philipjohnston/4604985/Whatever-happened-to-free-speech.html

If the truth be known, true freedom of speech has never existed in any European country.
    It was at best tolorated by the authorities, to give the impression that the freedom existed, but easily suppressable by reading the riot act or any other law that could be used to silence people.

I believe that the only country that had "freedom of speech" enshrined in law was the US, 911 changed all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

They'd have let him in no bother if he smuggled a gram or two of white widow with him down his cacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

According to the Telegraph on this story Britains right to free speech is now fu*ked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/philipjohnston/4604985/Whatever-happened-to-free-speech.html

I agree that the right to free speech is being eroded quite seriously in the U.K.

An article in Private Eye shows this quite starkly.

The gist of it was that that Kent county council have spent £1.6m on "Kent T.V." which Bob Geldof's production company, "Ten Alps" runs.
    One Kent resident wrote about how rubbish it was in his blog and was soon received letters threatening legal action.
    One of the letters he received was from Geoff Wild, Kent County Council's director of law which stated
    If you continue to choose to exercise your right to free speech in the manner that you do - as is your right - you must expect to take whatever consequences the law provides

Saint Geldof explained;
    It's the old establishment versus the new kids on the block. This spurious beating up of Kent T.V. on the notion that it's political is rubbish, it's a commercial attack. It's a great service - it's precisely what should happen with this amazing thing

Sir Bob Geldof, selling out to the great pound while stamping on the little guy. Not exactly Live Aid material.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Looks like this guy

rhydian-galleries-xfactor.jpg

Advertisement