Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-10-2011, 21:02   #1
gzoladz

Aertv.ie

I am suprised not to have seen a post about this.

Aertv.ie is the new name of Magnet and you can watch irish tv from your ips device without having to log in. Something like an filmo but for the ROI.

Enjoy!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2011, 00:25   #2
culabula

Send a message via ICQ to culabula Send a message via MSN to culabula Send a message via Yahoo to culabula Send a message via Skype™ to culabula
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzoladz View Post
I am suprised not to have seen a post about this.

Aertv.ie is the new name of Magnet and you can watch irish tv from your ips device without having to log in. Something like an filmo but for the ROI.

Enjoy!
I've commented in another thread about it. It works with AirPlay under iOS 5.
10-10-2011, 08:01   #3
mad muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by culabula View Post
I've commented in another thread about it. It works with AirPlay under iOS 5.
Im on 4.3.5 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and it works with AirPlay.
10-10-2011, 08:07   #4
isup

So would it not work on 3.1.3?
10-10-2011, 10:16   #5
mad muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by isup View Post
So would it not work on 3.1.3?
No. AirPlay came with iOS 4.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2011, 18:48   #6
culabula

Send a message via ICQ to culabula Send a message via MSN to culabula Send a message via Yahoo to culabula Send a message via Skype™ to culabula
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad muffin View Post
Im on 4.3.5 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and it works with AirPlay.
Could never get it to work for me either on iOS 4 or 5. It was only when I installed airplay mirroring the other day that it began to work.
10-10-2011, 19:11   #7
mad muffin

Quote:
Could never get it to work for me either on iOS 4 or 5. It was only when I installed airplay mirroring the other day that it began to work.
Strange. AirPlay has worked for me since it's inception.
10-10-2011, 19:14   #8
isup

How do you get airplay? Is it an app?
10-10-2011, 19:17   #9
culabula

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad muffin View Post
Strange. AirPlay has worked for me since it's inception.
Yes, of course, AirPlay has worked well for me from the start but it did not work with every online TV service often providing sound but not vision. One of those was magnetTV now AerTV.

Frustrated, I installed beta 6 of iOS 5 on my ATV and it began to work at long last (sound AND vision).
Advertisement
10-10-2011, 19:18   #10
culabula

Quote:
Originally Posted by isup View Post
How do you get airplay? Is it an app?
No, AirPlay is part of iOS. It appears if you have an Apple TV 2 on your network.
10-10-2011, 19:24   #11
bkehoe

Send a message via ICQ to bkehoe
Quote:
Yes, of course, AirPlay has worked well for me from the start but it did not work with every online TV service often providing sound but not vision. One of those was magnetTV now AerTV.

Frustrated, I installed beta 6 of iOS 5 on my ATV and it began to work at long last (sound AND vision).
That's because in the older versions of iOS Apple left it up to the developers and website designers to choose whether to enable Airplay in their content or not with the default setting to disable Airplay, so unless a dev specifically enabled Airplay on their sites it would not function and indeed some specifically don't want people Airplaying, BBC iPlayer being one.

However in iOS5 Apple swapped it and now Airplay is enabled unless specifically disabled by the developer so more content will function.

And of course if a dev disables Airplay you can always enable Mirroring which will still work!
10-10-2011, 19:26   #12
mad muffin

Quote:

Oh right, I see now. Yep some will only give me sound others sound and video.

Nice to see tha mirroring let's gives video with everything.
10-10-2011, 20:09   #13
gzoladz

Other option if your ipadis jbken is to install tvout. It works very well.
10-10-2011, 23:35   #14
JoeA3

Quote:
No, AirPlay is part of iOS. It appears if you have an Apple TV 2 on your network.
Do you know if mirroring will work on the iPhone 4 with the IOS 5 upgrade? I have an iPhone 4 and an ATV2, and I too have found it annoying that airplay only sends the audio for a lot of apps / webpages. E.g. Sky GO. It would be great if I could "mirror" Sky Sports onto my TV - currently only the audio works.

Also, is IOS 5 (or equivalent Apple TV firmware?) available to download to the ATV2 on Wednesday too ?
11-10-2011, 01:13   #15
culabula

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA3 View Post
Do you know if mirroring will work on the iPhone 4 with the IOS 5 upgrade? I have an iPhone 4 and an ATV2, and I too have found it annoying that airplay only sends the audio for a lot of apps / webpages. E.g. Sky GO. It would be great if I could "mirror" Sky Sports onto my TV - currently only the audio works.

Also, is IOS 5 (or equivalent Apple TV firmware?) available to download to the ATV2 on Wednesday too ?
I tried but could not get mirroring to work with iPhone 4, despite reading elsewhere that it would work.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion