Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

23-11-2008, 23:47   #1
Turner

Garda vs Integra

Anybody from the DMR north know if this integra got away??

Happened in coolock according to the video.

(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-11-2008, 00:21   #2
x in the city
Banned

lol @ all the cars chasing it.....
24-11-2008, 00:24   #3
cson

3 undercover Mondeo's
1 Marked Landcruiser(??)
1 Marked Mondeo
1 Unmarked Toyota Camry

Wtf did that lad do?!
24-11-2008, 00:25   #4
brendansmith

Hmmmmm thats pretty dangerous driving on the part of the guards. I dont think they should be bombing it around an estate on the wrong side of the road tbh
24-11-2008, 00:30   #5
AlekSmart

An oul Integra......I wonder if the Dog Unit came along later in the programme ?
Advertisement
24-11-2008, 00:31   #6
djtechnics1210

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendansmith View Post
Hmmmmm thats pretty dangerous driving on the part of the guards. I dont think they should be bombing it around an estate on the wrong side of the road tbh
No one knows what offending vehicle had done though so cant really comment on Garda driving... it must be something serious though as control let that chase continue through a housing estate at that time of the day with 6 mobiles behind it. I don't know of any station in the DMR north atm with a camry either.
24-11-2008, 00:32   #7
Turner

Camry is OCU.
24-11-2008, 00:35   #8
djtechnics1210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief--- View Post
Camry is OCU.
Must have been something pretty serious so... not very often ya see them lads in chases.
24-11-2008, 00:40   #9
Bob the Builder

Whats so ironic is that there was probably another 10 cars on the other end of coolock trying to get him. Otherwise all these cars are just wasting by travelling in the same direction.

And either way, three properly equipped garda cars with good drivers and no more than two people in each car, maybe a motorbike and a helicopter to maintain co-ordination of the vehicle, would take that driver out within a few minutes.

But the way that clip seems, there was probably about 10 or 15 cars, with two or even three people in each going on a wild goose chase for hours, and see how far behind they were on the car.

I'm probably talking through my hole here, but if you compare everything to the american or english equivalent, things just seem so illogical in the gardaí.
Advertisement
24-11-2008, 00:45   #10
jimboddb

Whats OCU?
24-11-2008, 00:54   #11
Bob the Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboddb View Post
Whats OCU?
In Order of Malta/Mountain Rescue - it's operational command unit... I'd imagine it's the same for gardaí. It's basically the base station...
24-11-2008, 01:56   #12
msg11

All occupants where arrested, just up the road, the gearbox gave in. That was only half the Garda cars that arrived on scene. And I am not joking, there was easily 20-25 cars at the scene.

He refused too pull over for a traffic stop.

On the part of the garda driving, I know that turn well, its marked with a continuous white line around the bent as it is a blind spot too your right, very lucky a car anything was not coming around that corner.

Not even the corner in itself, but the sheer speed they are driving at threw a built up housing estate at, easily 50-60.
24-11-2008, 02:09   #13
Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendansmith View Post
well you see the Gardai asked him politely to stop at the checkpoint and instead of doing so he put the foot down and proceeded to ram straight through said checkpoint in a stolen car. Prey tell, your way of handling it? Simple let people obey of disobey depending on how honest they are feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevf View Post
And either way, three properly equipped garda cars with good drivers and no more than two people in each car, maybe a motorbike and a helicopter to maintain co-ordination of the vehicle, would take that driver out within a few minutes.
First, whats the bike going to do except get rammed? And you think getting the helicopter up and over there is a better use of equipment than 3 extra cars?

Quote:
I'm probably talking through my hole here, but if you compare everything to the american or english equivalent, things just seem so illogical in the gardaí.
Comparing an American and UK police show to a video on someones mobile which was clearly pre-arranged, yep you certainly are.

Quote:
In Order of Malta/Mountain Rescue - it's operational command unit... I'd imagine it's the same for gardaí. It's basically the base station...
Again your wrong, Please stop talking now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg11 View Post
All occupants where arrested, just up the road, the gearbox gave in. That was only half the Garda cars that arrived on scene. And I am not joking, there was easily 20-25 cars at the scene
Evidently the Gardai knew what they were doing then so.

Quote:
He refused too pull over for a traffic stop.
You dont get 25 cars including traffic and OCU for failing to stop . That many cars would be pretty much the whole of the northside and a few more.

Quote:
On the part of the garda driving, I know that turn well, its marked with a continuous white line around the bent as it is a blind spot too your right, very lucky a car anything was not coming around that corner.

Not even the corner in itself, but the sheer speed they are driving at threw a built up housing estate at, easily 50-60.
So the answer is too simple wave on criminals who dont want to stop is it? Maybe call in to them a few days later and hope they feel like being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief--- View Post
Camry is OCU.
Camry is a standard car in a lot of stations. DMR NC has more than 1.

Last edited by Eru; 24-11-2008 at 02:12.
(3) thanks from:
24-11-2008, 02:11   #14
javaboy

Quote:
I thought it was Organised Crime Unit.
24-11-2008, 02:21   #15
msg11

Look, Its the manor in which they go about stopping the car that pisses me off. There are plenty of Garda cars on hand too stop the car, then too be absolutely flying around a housing estate at 3:00PM in the afternoon, in rush hour traffic.

There are kids filming the chase for god sake, what if one the kids walked out too see where the Honda went and the Garda car flying up that road, not a chance would it have stopped.

You just have too look at the video, the Garda are driving the exact same as the Honda which is on the run, and taking the corner like something you would see on a WRC track.

So what I am saying is, stop them and follow them, but not like this. Cause, that is not safe driving, at all. And I am sure that is not how you are trained too drive around corners, cause the first two cars are under steering.

I also said 20-25.
Thread Closed