Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaelic Football 2005 this august!

Options
  • 11-07-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Was in smyths today picking up a copy of tekken 5 when i noticed that the game was scheduled for an august release. Searched play.com but they have no listing. Game.net **shudder** have it listed here. There are no screenies floating about the place which i dont think bodes well but i'll keep an open mind.

Link to the developers site here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this is gonna be a sh-ite game :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

any ETA on a hurling game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Its a proud moment for us GAA fans. But ya just know the first game is gonna be shíté and riddled with bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maiden30403

LOL I can't wait to see what this'll be like

Can't wait to be takin' home a virtual Sam :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

has anyonelooked at thedevs previous games? they do horse riding games :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Their Aussie rules game is meant to be good if you like that sort of thing.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

well be interesting to see how this one ends up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BloodNinjaCult

it *will* be poo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Interesting, as when I put the question to SCE Ireland early today (before I knew about what the retailers were saying) they were replied with the usual.

…maybe they are being overly carefully on what they tell journalists, they have this nasty habit of writing things...

http://gamestoaster.typepad.com/games_toaster/2005/07/gaa_game_retail.html

it *will* be poo

No official comment, but I suspect the delays in the game’s release is due to making sure the game is not such.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

still no picces though? i'm not a big GAA fan but bizarrely i would pick this up just to confuse my english housemates and of course to take tipp to the gold...

perfer a hurling one though, one that allows you to play the game as it should be (GO FOR THE SHINS! NOT THE BALL THE SHIN!) heh my mom was doctor at semple stadium...saw some nasty things in there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I doubt it will be as bad as some people make out, how are you judging this. I've played AFL 2005 which this game would be based on, and its not a bad game, 7/10 at best.

Any news of an xbox port?

Sony had the rights, so no.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

From what I understand it's a tweak on an Aussie Rules game and it's not backed by the GAA, so I'm not sure if the real players will feature at all?
    It's a start though, and you can hardly expect Sony to pump money into a game with a very limited market.

I still remember 2 years ago working in Game, Grafton St., and some American kid comes up and asks me if there were any GAA games available, I said no, it's not a big enough market to justify a game, and had a little chuckle about the idea to myself.
    Well, that's me shown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

flogen wrote:
    From what I understand it's a tweak on an Aussie Rules game and it's not backed by the GAA, so I'm not sure if the real players will feature at all?

Dont the players union own the rights....oh **** more strikes on the cards.

kdjac

flogen wrote:
    and it's not backed by the GAA,

It is backed by the GAA, as I was saying, Sony has the (GAA) licence/rights.

flogen wrote:
    so I'm not sure if the real players will feature at all?

Yeah, maybe not, but that is because it is not backed by the GPA, the game apprently does not currently have the right to the players images etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stevethompson

i am sure you may have been asked this question on this forum before but does anyone actually know when sony are going to realease Gaelic Football 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

when Man Utd play a game in Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

When Chuck Norris struggle sto do a round-house kick

This could be fun :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Hey dont be so scepetical - stranger things have happened.
    Imagine how cool it would be instead. :rolleyes:

http://www.irgurus.com/ is the website of the Australian company who bought the rights to make the game it says its a "working title" (but it has been since December 2003) so its kinda up in the air whether its gonna be made or not.
    My guess is we'll be listening to the national anthem in a virtual Croke Park (Complete with "come on the banner","up the Dubs",etc. before it even ends) around when the playstation 4 comes out (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

last I heard the project was scrapped.
    Shame really... it would be cool to have a GAA game...

It was due mid 2004 according to this
    http://ie.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml?storyId=104679_en_IE_NEWS&linktype=MPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

when vin diesel grows a pony tail

Threads merged.
    whiskeyman wrote:
    last I heard the project was scrapped.

And where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

monument wrote:
    Threads merged.

And where did you hear that?

It was a snippet on the back on the Business Post a good few months ago I think.
    If not scrapped, then seriously in question.
    I'll try and find more info.
    Shame on the delay... had they released a 2004 version... sure it may have been poor, but it would have been a base to work from.
    Kinda like the first EA Rugby games - hopeless, but they've improved well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Weren't there, at one stage, two GAA games in the works, one in association with GAA, the other with the GPA? As far as I remember, the GAA were working with some Irish multi-media company and got ticked off with the GPA for going their own route with the Aussie developers.. I seem to remember something along those lines, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, you're getting the two mixed up...

Gaelic Football 2005 is with Sony, IR Gurus (the 'Aussie developers'), and the GAA... The license for a GAA game was originally [a good few years back] with the now defunct Irish developer Pooka Games. Then in October of 2003, Sony and the GAA held a press-launch stating the game, then titled ‘Gaelic Football 2004’, would be released mid-2004.

On the other hand, the GPA, not the GAA, holds the rights to such and have a deal with Frank McNamee, a former Longford player. His (?) Longford web or software company were to make a game, but apparently it was to be more like a management game – I’ll look into this.

Excuse the partial copy and pasting from my site, if I didn’t, I'd probably get it all mixed up too... by the time it's all over a book could be written about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

im not to opmistic but hopefully its the start to a series

Advertisement