Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

15-04-2005, 13:01   #211
AB03

Ok, got to page 3 of this thread and couldnt be bothered reading anymore. Interesting thread tho. I know the southside like the back of my hand, so you can take it that this list is fairly complete (Southside wise anyway).
Most of these will be south/west side, not too familiar with the kips on the northside.

Heres my definitive list in no particular order:

Ringsend - where I grew up and love to bits and would never ever be afraid to walk thru any part, even the park or the flats at any time of day or night, but good god, if u didnt know anyone around there, I wouldnt go near it, ringsend is a hard fckin area. Not so much total scumbags, only hard ****ers that yer better off not messing with. I love it tho, with all my heart

East wall - The general enemies of Ringer and many a time there has been war over tyres for halloween fires. Ive been involved in quite a few. Sherrif st. is probably near the worst part, but its not nearly as bad as it used to be and I would walk around there,but maybe not after dark (although I have done a good few times, robbing tyres )

Pearse st. or Pearser - Very bad at times and another sworn enemy of ringer, particularly Pearse House and Marchevicz. Never really get to see it too much of it anymore due to a feud with a few people in particular, but it is getting so much better due to business and students in the area. Historically Pearser and Ringer have had pitched battles invovling 40-50 or more people, knives, bats, bottles, bed posts, the works. Nasty ****, Ive seen one first hand on ringsend bridge when I was younger, 15 or 20 people had to go the hospital, the rest didnt bother but should have.

Beechill in Donnybrook - Not toooo bad, but it has its moments and is often neglected as a hard area.

The area between dorset st. and sherrif st, around the 5 lamps is dodgy as fook, cant think of the name of it. Near connolly.

O'Connell St at night is fairly bad and I never feel too safe walking down it. Daytime is nearly as bad, but its not as bad as people make it out to be.

Temple St. area - around the temple theatre, those flats are ****in well dodgy, believe me.

The Flats behind stevens green - The name of em escapes me now, but I know em far better than Id like to. Got dragged in there and battered with a motorbike helmet by 2 ***** a few years back, although that was self inflicted (you dont want to know).

Dolphins Barn - Not really as bad as some of ye were making out, there is scum, but they generally dont cause any hassle (not to me anyway).

The Libirties/Christ Church/The Coombe - Can be dodgy, but not really too bad, loads of junkies, but **** them they're only muppets.

Crumlin/Drimnagh - Can be quite bad unless you keep your head down. Got slaughtered to bits one day (4 o clock or so) by a pro boxer and his son (also a pro boxer) becuase my mate hit his car when he tried to knock us down. There was a gang of at least 10 of us, not mates of mine, but proper crumlins heads and yer man didnt give a ****, straight out of the motor and started kicking heads. I hit him a dig, big mistake, got kicked asunder by him and his son then. They only stopped hitting me cos the garda were on the way. But thats just me, but in general, crumlin is a certainately not a no go area, but theres some very hard people there.

Inchicore - Aint nearly as bad as some were making out as far as I know and Ive been around there loads at night and day. Never seems too bad to me.

Now onto the gems:

Neilstown - Absolute ****in kip, nightmare of a place. I hate venturing thru there night or day. Disaster zone.

Killinarden Heights - Same as above.

Jobstown - I see somebody said this place is getting worse, but compared to the one time that me and a mate got the wrong bus out there when we were about 12, its seems almost grand now. Back then, my good god.

Cherry Orchard - Where I currently live. Again, its not as bad as it was about 10 years ago (was actually the worst place Ive ever visited, ever, back then) but its still a dangerous dangerous place. My car got robbed within 3 days of buying it (got it back, rallied to bits an hour later) and theres been at least one or two more attempts on it since then, but I have an alarm/immob now so it aint goin anywhere.Ive only been living out there for about a year, but Ive seen some mad **** since I got there. Cars get rallied every single night and sure yer man was killed for his car a 10 minute walk from where I live. A bloke in my apartments got car jacked outside my door 2 weeks after moving in aswell. Another time the boys tried to rob a car but couldnt move it so they set fire to it in the driveway. Dodgy as fook.

Ballyfermot - I dunno, theres somthing about ballyer I dont like (probably the fact that I have to live there). Most bad areas I can deal with, but ballyer is different. The main street is a nightmare, bogeys everywhere at any time of day. Ive been living in ballyer for nearly a year and I still havent walked the length of it and probably wouldnt either.
Le Fanu park is a no go area completely at night time. Wouldnt go near it if I was paid.

Bawnouge - Similar to Neilstown. Im in belfast at the moment and Ive been driving thru most of the different areas. None are as bad as neilstown and bawnouge.

Now, moving south again:

Ballybrack/Sallynoggin - Mainly just fools that think they're hard, but there is a few genuine psychos out that way that yer better off not messing with. Loads of saps aswell tho.

Rathfarnam - Believe it or not (I know I was suprised), but theres a few little small estates around rathfarnam that are fairly hard. Nothing too bad tho, Id still walk around there (couldnt bring myself to be afraid of a rathfarnian) at any time tho. **** em.

Dun Laoghire - Same as above, few little pockets of dodgy areas, but generally on the whole, theyre just wannabe hard men.

Shankill - Again, theres a few bogeys out that way, one in particular I can think of whos a bit of a nut job. Carrys 2 shotguns in the back of his van 24/7. Dunno if hes locked up yet or not.

Bray - I fckin hate bray with a passion. Theres some right little knackers out there, and thats all they are, knackers. Little bray knackers, smell of em. I absolutely hate the place and Id be quite happy if it burned to the ground.

Think Ive covered most of the southside dodgys there.

Consult this list if yer planning on moving

Last edited by AB03; 15-04-2005 at 13:08.
Advertisement
15-04-2005, 13:04   #212
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Moved from AH
15-04-2005, 19:58   #213
Drummer
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Drummer Send a message via AIM to Drummer Send a message via Yahoo to Drummer
Playaflow - u were hardly approached with a machete if he put it in his pocket. The machete would have sliced his trousers right down the leg if he tried to put it in his pocket. Unless he they were made of kevlar.

Kernal - i understand. Glasnevin is a nice area next to a kip - I live in a similar area. The Gardai know they will get attacked in the scumbag areas, so they come down the heavy on the kids in the nice areas. Happens all the time round here. Mind you, they kids round here arent angels, but they wouldnt mug ur granny either.
15-04-2005, 20:15   #214
condra

Im not just saying this- I love living in Glasnevin. Ive spent time in most parts of Dublin.
Northside I like Phibsboro and Drumcondra.
Southside I like Rathmines.

But where I live in Glasnevin its fairly quiet and people mind their own business. We have a nice park with strangely few scumbags. Theres lots of students from DCU about, they often help dilute the 13a. Generally though I dont think theres anywhere else Id like to live.
17-04-2005, 00:18   #215
Sarsfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly_johnson
Lived in "Chapelizod" (really Ballyfermot down the end of Sarsfield Road) and nothing would make me go back.. car robbed twice, windows stoned nearly every night, apartment robbed and ransacked (sh1t on the bed etc)
That's where I live now! I haven't had any problems. I quite like the place although the 78A bus can be an interesting experience!
Advertisement
18-04-2005, 11:21   #216
holly_johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsfield
That's where I live now! I haven't had any problems. I quite like the place although the 78A bus can be an interesting experience!

I lived in The Steeples from 96 to 98. I'm delighted that you like it, maybe it has quietened down, but personally I thought it was the biggest dumping ground for knackers I've ever seen. My hubby ended up in hospital with a perforated ulcer from the stress caused by the scumbags bricking the place every night etc. You won't catch me even driving through the place now.
18-04-2005, 19:40   #217
Funkstard

I'll stick to the areas around me (we're talking southside)

Dún Laoghaire is a ****ing hole and I hate it with a small passion. It's not as bad as what it used to be (or so I hear), and everyone thinks it grand now that they gave it a facelift. It's still a ****hole as far as I'm concerned

Ballybrack is fine now. Well, relatively speaking. The Three storeys and the surrounding council houses used to be no-go areas, but now they're getting knocked down and the area has calmed down quite a bit.

Sallynoggin - Seems alright, I got the **** kicked out of me on the 7, and the ****ers got off at Sallynoggin, so I have an immediate prejudice (If you like taking your life in your hands, go on the 7 and **** any other sort of thrill you might like to experience. A week after I got wrecked on it, a priest was beaten to a pulp. I absolutely hate Dublin Bus in general and avoid it like the plague)

Stillorgan isn't a nice place at night when it's only McDonalds open. There's security guards on duty there full time now I believe

Bray - I really don't like Bray. Just not a nice place, but it's not supposed to be all that bad.

Shankill - A bit dodgy. The road from Mace in Ballybrack to SuperValu in Shankill is lined with not-so-nice estates, especially the one beside the Dart station in Shankill.

Basically, and this is true, anywhere with council estated is or has the tendency to be bad. I'm not saying it's all bad people, but it's where alot of the bad people are
19-04-2005, 13:55   #218
AB03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkstard
Stillorgan isn't a nice place at night when it's only McDonalds open. There's security guards on duty there full time now I believe

Pahahah, dont worry about stilorgan, ever, at any time of day. They're all thicks,wannabes. They might look the part but thats about it. If you ever get any hassle,dont take it and just hit the first person closest to ya. His mates will run and you can proceed to kick the neck off the cheeky wee fecker!
Those poor security guards tho, I feel sorry for them. They have to take the abuse and cant hit the bastads!
19-04-2005, 19:22   #219
Dathai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debyaka
Jeasus mate you should have asked somebody from dublin to give you advice on where to get a place!
You picked two right dumps by the sounds of things..
Move to cabra the rent is cheap there its near town and phibsboro and its not as rough as it used to be!!

Yeah cabra is legend.I live in a nice little area, not very loud, not very quiet either.Worst that happens is the muppets at the end of the avenue spraying stuff on the wall.
Advertisement
19-04-2005, 19:23   #220
Funkstard

Yeh I know, well the only time I venture into Stillorgan is when I'm at Bondi, so I'm bound to have a few of my friends there.

My friend got his nose broken outside Eddie Rockets a few months ago though. He got headbutted for absolutely no reason. There must be a few of them around if that happens
19-04-2005, 19:28   #221
Stench Blossoms
I don't actually smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathai
Yeah cabra is legend.I live in a nice little area, not very loud, not very quiet either.Worst that happens is the muppets at the end of the avenue spraying stuff on the wall.
Oh my god i hate Cabra! I live beside there and im sick to death of all the little scum coming down to my area and breakin into cars and hangin around here causing trouble
19-04-2005, 19:44   #222
Samson
Right wing.

Send a message via MSN to Samson
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB03
Ballyfermot - I dunno, theres somthing about ballyer I dont like (probably the fact that I have to live there). Most bad areas I can deal with, but ballyer is different. The main street is a nightmare, bogeys everywhere at any time of day. Ive been living in ballyer for nearly a year and I still havent walked the length of it and probably wouldnt either.
Le Fanu park is a no go area completely at night time. Wouldnt go near it if I was paid.
Are you sure you're talking about the same Ballyfermot that I'm thinking of?
I feel your perception of the area is a little off. Sure Ballyfermot had a reputation in the past, but I really don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you paint it.
The "bogeys" you mention hanging around on the main drag are just the local p!ssheads, who might bother you for change, but are frankly harmless in my opinion.
And as for The Lawns (Le Fanu Park) being a no-go area, I have been walking my dogs there daily/nightly for years without incident whatsoever. Even on weekend nights when there are groups of drinkers scattered about.
19-04-2005, 19:51   #223
Dathai

Orla, where 'bouts do ye live?
19-04-2005, 19:53   #224
Stench Blossoms
I don't actually smell

Ashington. Only the other day there was a bunch of scum caught tryin to push my neighbours car out of the drive way
20-04-2005, 09:10   #225
AB03

Samson - Id say yer probably right, although my fear of le fanu comes from some time last summer when I tried walkin thru it. Ive never seen such a gathering of heads in my life, at least 80-100 proper heads gathered over at the little concrete, err, box, over near the ballyer road end. I took a detour off over the pitches to avoid em. Maybe no danger, who knows, but I wasnt walkin thru that on my toblerone I tells ya.
Its probably not like that every weekend, but I dunno, Im an alien around there who knows noone so I just keep my head down in general
My opinion stays tho, the main st. is a bogey strip anytime of day. Maybe its just me cos I dont know anyone and Im not prepared to start makin mates around there, but thats my opinion.

Last edited by AB03; 20-04-2005 at 09:12.
Thread Closed