Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GLS

• 20-12-2020 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Anyone having issues with deliveries from GLS? Not familiar with them so no idea if the below is the norm. I've left out all the movements in between these two dates.

I know tthe 16th is only a few days ago but is it strange that there haven't been any updates since? Looking at the status bar it seems that it's stuck in transit.

nUbuSjA.png

11/12/2020 (Netherlands Utrecht): The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

16/12/2020 (Ireland): The parcel has reached the parcel center.

Might give them a call tomorrow but thought I'd check here in the meantime.

Comments

I had the same OP, had arrived in Ireland on to a parcel centre and was waiting for it to go the the final parcel centre. Seemed to skip that step and is now out for delivery today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

10/12/2020 07:10
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.
    Germany Nuernberg-Hafen

16/12/2020 19:08
    The parcel has left the parcel center.
    United Kingdom

Your doing better than me, at least yours is in Ireland. The first date it's not even with GLS though, parcel didn't get handed over till the 14th, says on their website deliveries mon-fri

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I had the same OP, had arrived in Ireland on to a parcel centre and was waiting for it to go the the final parcel centre. Seemed to skip that step and is now out for delivery today

How long did it take in total from when it arrived in Ireland?
    10/12/2020 07:10
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.
    Germany Nuernberg-Hafen

16/12/2020 19:08
    The parcel has left the parcel center.
    United Kingdom

Your doing better than me, at least yours is in Ireland. The first date it's not even with GLS though, parcel didn't get handed over till the 14th, says on their website deliveries mon-fri

Have you tried contacting them? Was going to give them a shout this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

From their website:
    Parcel Volumes
    Please note that due to an extraordinary increase in parcel volumes there will be delivery delays. Our team is hard at work to get these deliveries to you as soon as possible. Your patience during this time is appreciated.

Reckon it will arrive, just hope it left the UK before the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 23,241 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I don’t find them any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭POBox19

Worked ok for my delivery from Poland, but that was before Covid screwed everything totally.

sterz wrote: »
    How long did it take in total from when it arrived in Ireland?

Was posted the 11th in the UK with parcelforce, arrived in Ireland the 18th and then this morning bypassed final parcel centre and went straight to out for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I got an email from them saying they had received the parcel information but that they haven't received my parcel even though the sender knows they shipped it Thursday night. Probably just skipping scanning steps and things a bit all over the place at the minute. I don't expect to get my item this side of Christmas, especially with the travel ban etc. adding to the mix.

Phone number isn't working anyway so not a good sign.

From the parcelforce website:

Due to the exceptionally large volumes of parcels that our delivery partner GLS Ireland are currently processing, they have advised that parcels arriving after Monday 14 December may not be delivered before Christmas.

They will be continuing to make every effort to deliver as many parcels as they can in the run up to Christmas.

We’d like to thank you for your patience and understanding during these extremely challenging times.

Following recent announcements regarding the concerns over the new coronavirus variant in the UK, the French government have imposed a 48hr ban on any accompanied freight entering France by road, from the UK. . Freight lorries cannot cross by sea or through the Eurotunnel and the Port of Dover has closed to outbound traffic. Ireland has also banned ferries and flights for 48 hours. There are many other countries responding in a similar vein, so we expect significant disruptions to our international services. All European exports and imports will be impacted, plus Canada and, we expect others that will follow.

It is unclear how long these disruptions will remain and we will update this site as soon as we have more information to share. In the meantime we ask our customers to please hold any shipments to Europe and any other countries that have closed their air passenger routes.

We know how important these deliveries are to our customers and we would like to thank you for your understanding as we ask for our customers to be as patient as possible during these completely unprecedented times we are all facing. We will of course update you as soon as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

• Advertisement

sterz wrote: »
    Phone number isn't working anyway so not a good sign.

GLS Ireland don't seem to reply to tweets but GLS Netherlands does, doesn't hurt to ask them given thats where it entered their IT system, worst thing they can do is not respond and they seem to answer queries in English too

I don't do twitter except for having to contact companies about stuff like this where they won't reply to emails or phonecalls

https://twitter.com/GLS_NL/with_replies

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭haskellgeek

A parcel for me was meant to be delivered by tee 14th got to a parcel centre in Ireland says its its final destination as they can't find my address though delivered to me before. Thei number as useless btw always on engaged and no emails nothing I had to contact the sender for that info.

Mine arrived today. Not sure if what NellyBellyJelly posted worked but it sure didn't do any harm contacting them. I contacted them via the contact form on the NL site.

My tracking had nothing saying it was waiting to be received by GLS up until an hour ago and it just updated with all the details. Hopefully will be delivered tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

daraghwal wrote: »
    My tracking had nothing saying it was waiting to be received by GLS up until an hour ago and it just updated with all the details. Hopefully will be delivered tomorrow

As I'm sure you'll know by now, it won't have arrived on the 24th. My parcel arrived in their parcel centre on the 8th, made it to the final parcel centre on the 16th and was delivered to me on the 18th. Meanwhile DPD were delivering next day. Have another GLS delivery that was sent on the 18th and God only knows when I'll get it.

The worst couriers by a long long shot in my experience. Even worse than fastway which is something I thought I'd never say.

Caranica wrote: »
    As I'm sure you'll know by now, it won't have arrived on the 24th. My parcel arrived in their parcel centre on the 8th, made it to the final parcel centre on the 16th and was delivered to me on the 18th. Meanwhile DPD were delivering next day. Have another GLS delivery that was sent on the 18th and God only knows when I'll get it.

The worst couriers by a long long shot in my experience. Even worse than fastway which is something I thought I'd never say.

Yep, definitely the worst I've dealt with also. They don't even seem to be a ble to use eircodes. Get a phonecall looking for directions every time. Hopefully will have it in the next few days. As for fastway I've always got my stuff before 9am the day after ordering but I know I'm less than an hour from the southeast depot so that might play a role in it. Each depot is a franchise so maybe some are better than others.

I had an order on the 16th from Denmark, use these jokers.

The tracking finally updated on the 30th and said it was in Knock and due that day.

No sign of it and then with NYs and the weekend I thought I'd get it today.

The tracking updated today for the 30th saying it was delivered.

I'm just asking for a refund from the company as I couldn't be bothered waiting another few weeks to have the same shower deliver it.

I was number 1 on their phone line yet they had "a high volume"... eventually it put me onto a mailbox that was full.
    Similar for trying the call back option.

No doubt they just dump packages outside addresses.
    We have apartments next door full of non locals, I'd bet it was left in their hallway and one of them nabbed it.
    My neighbour's on the other side would have dropped them in.

Edit/Update:
    I checked on Steelseries and it specifically mentions if the tracking saying its delivered,to give it two more days from that point.
    An hour later, a quick knock on the door and the box was left on the doorstep.

Why update the tracking to delivered before they complete it?.. and like Fastway itll be left outside which is something I despise. I'd rather go collect it somewhere safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

By any slim chance has anyone ordered anything from the EU shipped with these lot lately?? just wondering if they are bypassing the UK or what the setup is...Want to order something from Spain,but am hesitant these days as I ordered something from Germany with DPD as courier and it disappeared into the brexit hole that is the UK and was never to be seen again...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes, I got something delivered from Austria on Monday. Tracking is useless, but it took just over a week.

The tracking tends to skip from received from sender to arrived. Hard to know the route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Anybody having delays with GLS from Britain to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We used to get a monthly delivery in from a supplier via GLS road from poland, always took 3 working days, its taking 7/8 now the last couple deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

They emailed me to tell me they have delivered my parcel to my address.

Turns out it is the opposite - they have delivered it back to sender.

It's funny how there are are rules and laws for individuals in this world, but companies get to do whatever the absolute **** they want free of any and all consequences.

The_Brood wrote: »
    They emailed me to tell me they have delivered my parcel to my address.

Turns out it is the opposite - they have delivered it back to sender.

It's funny how there are are rules and laws for individuals in this world, but companies get to do whatever the absolute **** they want free of any and all consequences.

exact same thing happened to me today

left london

in transit for 20 days
    delivered back to london today

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Im waiting since Dec 30th for a screwfix order.

Disgrace. its in Ireland since Jan 21st, and they still haven't delivered it.

GLS History
    03/02/2021 18:54 The parcel has reached the parcel center. Ireland
    23/01/2021 14:11 The parcel has reached the parcel center. Ireland
    21/01/2021 15:36 The parcel has reached the parcel center. Ireland
    08/01/2021 02:12 The parcel has been picked up. United Kingdom

Item tracking history - UK PARCEL FORCE
    Date Time Location Tracking event
    13/1/2021 18:36 International Hub Sorted for export

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

P_Cash wrote: »
    Im waiting since Dec 30th for a screwfix order.

Disgrace. its in Ireland since Jan 21st, and they still haven't delivered it.

GLS History
    03/02/2021 18:54 The parcel has reached the parcel center. Ireland
    23/01/2021 14:11 The parcel has reached the parcel center. Ireland
    21/01/2021 15:36 The parcel has reached the parcel center. Ireland
    08/01/2021 02:12 The parcel has been picked up. United Kingdom

Item tracking history - UK PARCEL FORCE
    Date Time Location Tracking event
    13/1/2021 18:36 International Hub Sorted for export

I have the same problem
    screwfix/ parcelforce /GLS

My tracking showed parcel clearing Irish customs 8th Feb

11th Feb I rang GLS - no reply after 35 mins

Then sent email with all data just asked what was the status of my parcel.

Reply from GLS quote "We have no idea where it is"

Some courier company !!
    I will be dealing with screwfix again but, will ask them not to use GLS

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    I have the same problem
    screwfix/ parcelforce /GLS

My tracking showed parcel clearing Irish customs 8th Feb

11th Feb I rang GLS - no reply after 35 mins

Then sent email with all data just asked what was the status of my parcel.

Reply from GLS quote "We have no idea where it is"

Some courier company !!
    I will be dealing with screwfix again but, will ask them not to use GLS

My Parcel arrived 4/5 days after i posted this. it appeared in the tracking info that it was now released by customs. i think it appeared twice, the following day or so the parcel arrived. battered, and box open, all bits were there. and nothing that could break.
    ill think twice about screfix again, as they use parcelforce in the UK who use GLS in Ireland.
    I thought a screw fix order would be relesed from an irish outlet, they have store locations in ireland dont they.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im waiting for car parts from Poland.

9 Feb - Item Collected
    10 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Strykow Poland)
    11 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Neuenstein Germany)

Hasnt moved in 5 days and its stuck in Germany, I thought there might be a bit of efficiency with the German warehouses but no. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im waiting for car parts from Poland.

9 Feb - Item Collected
    10 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Strykow Poland)
    11 Feb - Item reached the Parcel Centre (Neuenstein Germany)

Hasnt moved in 5 days and its stuck in Germany, I thought there might be a bit of efficiency with the German warehouses but no. :mad:

My item dispatched from UK 1st Feb, Cleared customs 8th Feb . Finally arrived Limerick 15th . 7days Dublin to limerick !!

Advertisement