Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-03-2020, 17:28   #61
Ande1975

More so the managers than the company. One was a particularly vile disgusting crude ugly bullying intimidating human being, a person I hope to never ever see again. Needs serious psychiatric help. Hate her beyond belief but have some sympathy as she is clearly damaged.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 17:32   #62
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ande1975 View Post
More so the managers than the company. One was a particularly vile disgusting crude ugly bullying intimidating human being, a person I hope to never ever see again. Needs serious psychiatric help. Hate her beyond belief but have some sympathy as she is clearly damaged.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
31-03-2020, 17:36   #63
Ande1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
Cushy work life then
31-03-2020, 17:46   #64
Niner leprauchan

Can't decide between Eir 'its our fault but we will try to charge you anyway'

Or

Fastway 'it's broken, ah well'

With eir I spent 1 year, yes a while year trying to get the correct bill for my cancelled service but they keep charging the monthly 'rental' so the bill kept going up even though in Black and White you could see the cancellation fee! They then sold my debt to a connection agency who I settled with for the correct bill amount only for eir to send me more bills which they absolutely refused to acknowledge were mistakes. I was living in another country and getting bills for a phone that no longer existed.

Then there's fastway who broke my package, never delivered it and refused to pay out even though I had opted for the insurance. 3 months later I nearly fell over my broken package that was eventually left in my doorstep and the sheriff's got my money for me minus the admin costs. The sheriff's by the way, the supposed bad guys were efficient, polite and did their job well.
31-03-2020, 17:47   #65
Fann Linn

Vodafone. Left them in October. Just got an email that they want Feb/Mar payments??
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 17:48   #66
virginmediapls

AIB and Virgin Media.
(2) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 17:49   #67
Niner leprauchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treppen View Post
As far as couriers go An Post... Get a text to say I want in...We've left it at the local post office... Not there... Go to collection dept... Not there .. postal ping pong... Umpteen phone calls... Neighbor drops it in day later.

DPD are great though.
Surprised by that. Years getting deliveries from them and the good outweighs the negatives by a very large margin. They also charge less handling than FedEx
Thanks from:
31-03-2020, 17:51   #68
Sexual Chocolate

First Ireland in my experience from a couple of years back. Asked to renew for fully comp as it was only around €40 more than third party. After they sent out my documents I noticed it was for only third party.

I phoned them and informed them of there mistake and asked for the policy to be changed to fully comp and to add the rest onto the monthly payments and was told no it was not possible even though they did admit to there mistake.

Was told I'd have to cancel the policy and take out a new one but this time for around €400 extra. Why so expensive this time I asked, there reason was because the original fully comp quote was a renewal special/discount but that I was no longer eligible as I would be technically cancelling the first policy and starting a new one. I informed them again that this was all due to their own errors only to be told yes we understand but there is nothing they can do and that is the price.

What made things even worse was a week previously I was crashed into and was unable to switch insurance companies until the claim was closed therefore I was stuck with them shower of bastards.
(3) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 17:52   #69
kowloon

I had a guy from UPS ask me to come and meet him outside a pub in the village to collect a package. When I got there he wanted cash for delivery. The customs charges/VAT were worked incorrectly (they worked out the charges for one of two items and then worked out the charges for the two items combined and added the two totals). I got sent a few bills in the post after that and each time I explained I had paid the driver.
Either the driver pocketed the money or UPS never confirmed it had been apid. Luckily they all have card readers now and you can prove you have paid.
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 17:54   #70
DesperateDan

We get quite a few deliveries and live in the middle of nowhere. Fastway consistently (for 3 years now) the worst - unmarked vans which always arrive at after 7.30pm, and always really badly damaged like they've been chewed up by a dog. They just don't care at all.

Always found DPD the best.

Couriers get a bad rep because they pay so badly with high staff turn over - if I was making €2 to make a 20km round trip out to the middle of nowhere I would be pissed off as well
(4) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 17:55   #71
Gloomtastic!
Do Not Be Afraid.....

When GoMo came along it was a no-brainer. Mobile bills reduced by at least 50% for the whole family. Except it was being managed by Eir. Not a f@cking chance!
31-03-2020, 17:58   #72
bizidea

Vodafone hands down what a s..t show wont even go in to the problems I encountered when trying to use a phone while I was on holidays
31-03-2020, 18:00   #73
Hello 2D Person Below

Another nod to Vodafone. Absolute sh*theads. The only time I've had hassle with a mobile phone network was them. Abysmal.

NTL, there's a blast from the past. Also inept sh*theads.
31-03-2020, 18:07   #74
pgj2015

- if I was making €2 to make a 20km round trip out to the middle of nowhere I would be pissed off as well [/QUOTE]

It doesnt really matter if they get paid 2 euro or 200 euro, you dont just throw someones property into their garden/hedge.

how are fastway still in business? id love to catch them throwing something in my garden, i would eat the head off them.
31-03-2020, 18:30   #75
Ineedaname

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgj2015 View Post
For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.
Used to use them in work. Useless shower. Packages turning up late or left outside in the rain.

One driver in particular used to hold onto packages so he could deliver a few at once and minimise trips. This was despite being paid for next day delivery. When I asked him about this he burst out laughing and walked out the door.
(5) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion