Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

worst company you have ever come across?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ande1975 wrote: »
    More so the managers than the company. One was a particularly vile disgusting crude ugly bullying intimidating human being, a person I hope to never ever see again. Needs serious psychiatric help. Hate her beyond belief but have some sympathy as she is clearly damaged.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Cushy work life then :rolleyes:

Can't decide between Eir 'its our fault but we will try to charge you anyway'

Or

Fastway 'it's broken, ah well'

With eir I spent 1 year, yes a while year trying to get the correct bill for my cancelled service but they keep charging the monthly 'rental' so the bill kept going up even though in Black and White you could see the cancellation fee! They then sold my debt to a connection agency who I settled with for the correct bill amount only for eir to send me more bills which they absolutely refused to acknowledge were mistakes. I was living in another country and getting bills for a phone that no longer existed.

Then there's fastway who broke my package, never delivered it and refused to pay out even though I had opted for the insurance. 3 months later I nearly fell over my broken package that was eventually left in my doorstep and the sheriff's got my money for me minus the admin costs. The sheriff's by the way, the supposed bad guys were efficient, polite and did their job well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Vodafone. Left them in October. Just got an email that they want Feb/Mar payments??

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

AIB and Virgin Media.

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    As far as couriers go An Post... Get a text to say I want in...We've left it at the local post office... Not there... Go to collection dept... Not there .. postal ping pong... Umpteen phone calls... Neighbor drops it in day later.

DPD are great though.

Surprised by that. Years getting deliveries from them and the good outweighs the negatives by a very large margin. They also charge less handling than FedEx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

First Ireland in my experience from a couple of years back. Asked to renew for fully comp as it was only around €40 more than third party. After they sent out my documents I noticed it was for only third party.

I phoned them and informed them of there mistake and asked for the policy to be changed to fully comp and to add the rest onto the monthly payments and was told no it was not possible even though they did admit to there mistake.

Was told I'd have to cancel the policy and take out a new one but this time for around €400 extra. Why so expensive this time I asked, there reason was because the original fully comp quote was a renewal special/discount but that I was no longer eligible as I would be technically cancelling the first policy and starting a new one. I informed them again that this was all due to their own errors only to be told yes we understand but there is nothing they can do and that is the price.

What made things even worse was a week previously I was crashed into and was unable to switch insurance companies until the claim was closed therefore I was stuck with them shower of bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I had a guy from UPS ask me to come and meet him outside a pub in the village to collect a package. When I got there he wanted cash for delivery. The customs charges/VAT were worked incorrectly (they worked out the charges for one of two items and then worked out the charges for the two items combined and added the two totals). I got sent a few bills in the post after that and each time I explained I had paid the driver.
    Either the driver pocketed the money or UPS never confirmed it had been apid. Luckily they all have card readers now and you can prove you have paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

We get quite a few deliveries and live in the middle of nowhere. Fastway consistently (for 3 years now) the worst - unmarked vans which always arrive at after 7.30pm, and always really badly damaged like they've been chewed up by a dog. They just don't care at all.

Always found DPD the best.

Couriers get a bad rep because they pay so badly with high staff turn over - if I was making €2 to make a 20km round trip out to the middle of nowhere I would be pissed off as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

When GoMo came along it was a no-brainer. Mobile bills reduced by at least 50% for the whole family. Except it was being managed by Eir. Not a f@cking chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Vodafone hands down what a s..t show wont even go in to the problems I encountered when trying to use a phone while I was on holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Another nod to Vodafone. Absolute sh*theads. The only time I've had hassle with a mobile phone network was them. Abysmal.

NTL, there's a blast from the past. Also inept sh*theads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭pgj2015

- if I was making €2 to make a 20km round trip out to the middle of nowhere I would be pissed off as well :D[/QUOTE]

It doesnt really matter if they get paid 2 euro or 200 euro, you dont just throw someones property into their garden/hedge.

how are fastway still in business? id love to catch them throwing something in my garden, i would eat the head off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

pgj2015 wrote: »
    For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.

Used to use them in work. Useless shower. Packages turning up late or left outside in the rain.

One driver in particular used to hold onto packages so he could deliver a few at once and minimise trips. This was despite being paid for next day delivery. When I asked him about this he burst out laughing and walked out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Ineedaname wrote: »
    Used to use them in work. Useless shower. Packages turning up late or left outside in the rain.

One driver in particular used to hold onto packages so he could deliver a few at once and minimise trips. This was despite being paid for next day delivery. When I asked him about this he burst out laughing and walked out the door.

They have to be living on borrowed time, the last package i ordered can be either delivered by fastway or dhl, obviously i will be choosing dhl from now on.

fastway have contempt for the people who pay their wages.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The worst was definitely Flixbus. We waited for an hour and a half in the rain for a bus that never turned up. The stop we were due to be picked up at wasn't a bus station so there was nowhere to get information about our bus. The Flixbus bus tracker thing on their app didn't work either. They ignored us when we complained and just kept our 60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

eSKY.ie shisters

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

+1 for AES.

Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Eir.
    On arrival a number of questions

"Where is the cable, connection, etc etc?"

Having located the above and spending five minutes looking at it
    "Was there someone else at this?"

Then
    "Are you sure that there isn't another cable"

Lastly
    "I have to go back to the exchange for a Philips screwdriver. If I'm delayed I'll be back Monday week as long as it's not a Bank Holiday"

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

anyone else have this experience - Vodafone are a nightmare to deal with.. trying to reduce my bill to broadband only -called 4 times - each time 30 mins plus on customer care lines and then the line drops

they are evading any reductions to squeeze every penny out even in this time of crisis

absolute nightmare to deal with

who do i even complain to?

help please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

mkdon wrote: »
    anyone else have this experience - Vodafone are a nightmare to deal with.. trying to reduce my bill to broadband only -called 4 times - each time 30 mins plus on customer care lines and then the line drops

they are evading any reductions to squeeze every penny out even in this time of crisis

absolute nightmare to deal with

who do i even complain to?

help please

Exactly this. Even after setting up the call thru live chat and them ringing me. Switched from a to b to billing and then line goes dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Three , I honestly dont know how anybody uses them , crap service and infuriating to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 19,353 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Vodafone again. Wasted hours of my life in a previous job where I was managing the mobiles in the office. For security reasons the business regularly changed bank accounts so I had to sort the nightmare that followed with Vodafone. Other utilities it was no problem at all. UK based business bank account caused endless hassle and buck passing between the call centre and the store- call centre would tell you you have to call into the store, store people would tell you to call the line...and so the merry go round went on until someone senior in the store talked to someone that could actually do something. They make the Civil service look efficient and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Pitman Training. absolutely shocking set up.

According to their website, you can do a multitude of "diploma-level" courses, whatever that means, in law, administration, social media etc and you are told there are tutors who are top of their class and can answer any questions you have. In reality, they pick the good looking girls who walk in and take pictures of them for their "profile" when in fact they are used to make their home page look more attractive and entice people to pay for their courses.

Speaking of which...there are NO tutors, every course you do is online, you book a slot in the computer room for an hour or two, some guy who has been trained in typical FAQ for computers comes along anytime the software crashes or you need new passwords or a form, there is NOBODY there to ask questions to, only your virtual buddy, who zooms through the online syllabus, offering nothing but a weak "Help" link if you don't understand. And when it comes to exams, and this is the kicker, you have to pay extra for Pitman Training to ship your completed exam to an English company (all the voices that do the courses are British) to correct, and even then you have to wait 2 weeks for the result.

When the result comes, you get a Pass or Fail, no specific mark. Its obvious Pitman Training is nothing but a racket, acting like the middle man between gullible students and IP that hasn't been fastened down tight enough to prevent other companies using their syllabuses on different audiences. I was called in for a post-result interview and told to say something "positive, all smiles" for the website credentials. I have been around a bit so I had no problem telling the manager the whole place was an absolute set up and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. She didn't know what to say and in fairness she is only the tool for the managers. Keep well away, people, you wont go any further in your career with these gangsters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tea Shock wrote: »
    NTL/Chorus/UPC - whatever you want to call them
    My parents still hate Cablelink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Back in 2013; ICE Broadband. Absolutely useless and very aggressive CS, that just right out cut my connection since they couldn't bother to fix it... after wasting money on their installation fees 2 months prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

GLS parcel "delivery".
    I bought second-hand books from the UK, about six boxes.
    Tracking online told me they were in GLS at their depot on the northside. I live in Blackrock.
    After about six days sitting in their warehouse, and many phone calls from me, I was told the parcels could not be delivered due to an incomplete address .... on all the parcels !!!
    In the meantime I had received the receipt in an envelope in the post delivered by An Post, and they had no problem with my address.
    Finally I drove to the GLS warehouse on the northside and loaded the boxes into my car. The addresses, as I knew they would be, were correct and complete on all the parcels.

GLS just did not want to deliver. Apparently it is their business model. Do not deliver. Let the customer do the work. GLS staff at the warehouse office thought it very amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Of course it's Eir

They cacneled and disconneted my internet and had no record of me ever being a customer even though I had been with them since the Telecom Éireann days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ohhh the list is so long, it's difficult to choose.

Is it Eir who tried to convince me that I needed a phone line over copper to test my broadband line speeds before I could order despite me telling them numerous times that the estate has only fibre but proceeded to order one anyway and try to bill me for something that didn't actually exist? Or when they tried to charge me €65 in roaming fees by claiming that the Czech Republic and Slovakia (which had the Euro as its currency) isn't in the EU hence why the charge or that I must have accidentally connected to a mast in Ukraine over 500kms away? :rolleyes:

Or maybe Fastway couriers whose courier didn't read the address properly of our offices, it was on the 4th floor of the office building. Pulled up outside, saw a guy having a smoke, asked was he employed by company x, he said he was and the courier proceeded to drop 140k worth of IT equipment in their cardboard boxes on the street in the p"ssing rain and drove off.

Or maybe O2 who for a period of 8 months took my mobile phonebill amount out of my account 3 times each month, so after about the 3rd month of this happening I changed banks, emptied my old account which the bill came from and only deposited the exact amount of the bill each month into, but after that was taken out, proceeded twice more to try do the same thing every month and put my account on hold until the outstanding bill was paid, which it was on the first withdrawal. I tried to cancel my contract, they informed me it wouldn't be allowed unless I paid the balance, I explained and explained over and over for months until a friend of mine moved to a job in O2 and helped put me in touch with some senior manager who sorted it within a week. O2 apologied in writing and allowed me to terminate my contract. A month after I left, they contacted me asking would I be interested in a great deal on a mobile phone and contract. It's one cold call tbat sales person regretted making I tell you :D

Or maybe AIB, who I banked with for 15 years, so I got a credit card with as I just bought a new house, handy for buying house stuff like furniture, flooring, appliances etc. I had savings but figured I could keep them in case, so I proceeded to buy some furniture and appliances, costs 5k, paid off 2.5k from the card immediately from other I had saved for the house by got a great deal on the stuff from one store so figured I'd get it all in one go. Then I figured 500 a month for the next few months until balance cleared knowing I had the 6k in the bank in savings just in case.

A person from my branch calls me and says he is worried about my credit card balance, 2k at this stage and pretty much insisted I take a loan out to cover it. I explained about my savings, salary, outgoings etc. Had way more disposable income available than was needed to cover the repayments plus 6k in savings in the same branch. I told him I wasn't interested.

Over the next 2 months he proceeded to call me and send me letters basically demanding I take a loan to cover the balance. At that stage the credit card had just over 1k outstanding.

I contacted AIB, submitted a written complaint about his harassing me. Got a letter from him apologising, went into the branch with the letter 2 weeks later and cleared my credit card balance, withdrew my savings, cancelled the card, closed my accounts and left. All completely unnecessary but I felt I had no choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Mylan - Horrendous !

Advertisement