Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-03-2020, 11:54   #1
pgj2015

worst company you have ever come across?

For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.
(83) thanks from:
A.Partridge, Aceandstuff, ACitizenErased, Augeo, BanditLuke, BarryD2, BuileBeag, cal naughton, cannotlogin, Cocobean1, Corkblowin, Darth Melkor, dbrunson, Deebles McBeebles, deise08, dh1985, Dr Bob, Dtp1979, eoin.d, eusap, everlast75, Fonelovin'dude, For Forks Sake, frogone, GarIT, GinSoaked, gman127, Hogzy, holdfast, hot buttered scones, howamidifferent, IamMetaldave, italodisco, jim o doom, JoannieG, josephsoap, joxer1988, juanry, JustAThought, Keisha07, Kingp35, lawgrad15, Leilak, mark_jmc, McGaggs, milhous, Muahahaha, Niner leprauchan, nthclare, o1s1n, Peregrine, PhilOssophy, Pops_20, ridonkulous, rosebush, Rows Grower, rule supreme, S. Goodspeed, Sandz066, skooterblue2, SM01, Snugly, sozbox, sunbeam, Susie_Toots, sydthebeat, tallaghtfornia, TallGlass2, The Bishop Basher, TheDativeCase, TheMilkyPirate, the_pen_turner, tom1ie, Toots, Tork, Ultrflat, weemcd, Welshprince, WestWicklow1, what the hell!, yermandan, Zaph, Zymurgist
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 11:58   #2
Dr. Colossus

Eir.
(158) thanks from:
17larsson, 65535, 893bet, A.Partridge, Aceandstuff, ACitizenErased, Agricola, Airyfairy12, Akrasia, angel eyes 2012, angeleyes, Atlantic Dawn, BanditLuke, Bio Mech, bluelamp, booterboy, Bosupe, Bowlardo, BrianBoru00, BronsonTB, BuboBubo, BuileBeag, cal naughton, CalamariFritti, cannotlogin, CB19Kevo, chicio, chopperbyrne, Church on Tuesday, CitizenFloor, cj maxx, Coralcoras, Corkblowin, CountingCrows, Darc19, Darth Melkor, dashoonage, dazberry, derossi, Dtp1979, ECO_Mental, Eggs For Dinner, enda1, enviro, ET_phone_home, Faith+1, FirstinLastout, Fonelovin'dude, For Forks Sake, freshpopcorn, Fringegirl, frogone, Galadriel, GinSoaked, Gloomtastic!, gman127, GolfNut33, goodnightwasted, GrumpyMe, Hammer Archer, Hasmunch, Hatshepsut, hawkwing, HBC08, Hector Savage, hi5, holdfast, Hunchback, Immortal Starlight, JoannieG, john15, josip, JustAThought, kellso81, KiKi III, LawBoy2018, lawgrad15, Lazybones, ligerdub, LirW, looksee, mark_jmc, MAXFANTANA, McGaggs, McSween, MOH, Mr Magnolia, mrslancaster, Muahahaha, mwrf, nick 56, Nika Bolokov, Niner leprauchan, nthclare, nullObjects, o1s1n, oleras, omerin, Oops!, paddy19, passremarkable, pjdarcy, PopePalpatine, portcrap, Psygnosis, PyreOfHellfire, questionmark?, railer201, RandomViewer, ridonkulous, rn, Rossie11, Ryano87, samo, Samsgirl, SCOOP 64, Shelflife, ShineOn7, Sir Oxman, Sleepy, SM01, Snow Garden, Snugly, Solomon Pleasant, Soulsun, soups05, sozbox, SSr0, Strumms, suave.4u, sugarman, sunbeam, Susie_Toots, sydthebeat, TaitsClock, tallaghtfornia, tedpan, Temptamperu, The Princess Bride, TheDativeCase, Thelonious Monk, theoldbreed, TheTorment, TheValeyard, The_Kew_Tour, threeball, tjhook, Toots, Tropheus, turniphead, Tyson Lannister, Ush1, washiskin, WestWicklow1, wrestlemaniac, Yeah_Right, ygolometsipe, Zirconia
31-03-2020, 12:01   #3
Berties_Horse

Ticketmaster. Have a monopoly on the market so they can gouge away.
(118) thanks from:
2_fri, 99nsr125, A.Partridge, Aceandstuff, aidan24326, AlphabetCards, angeleyes, Atlantic Dawn, Badly Drunk Boy, BanditLuke, Binky Bricktop, bladespin, Blazer, blinding, Bowlardo, BronsonTB, cal naughton, Caryatnid, Catmaniac, Church on Tuesday, CinammonGirl, cj maxx, Cody montana, coolisin, Corben Dallas, dan1895, Deebles McBeebles, Diemos, drake70, Dub Ste, Duvet Day, Esho, FoxyVixen, fullstop, GarIT, GLaDOS, gman127, gmisk, greenspurs, heffo500, Hogzy, Homer J. Fong, Hulk Hands, Hunchback, IamMetaldave, JamBur, jams100, jiltloop, jim o doom, JoeExotic81, josip, JustAThought, KevRossi, Killarneygirl2, Kingp35, kowloon, lalababa, Legalmate, liamo77, Mantis Toboggan, MartDublin, martineatworld, massdebater, Matta Harri, MAXFANTANA, McGaggs, messrs, miezekatze, mistersifter, Montage of Feck, mrslancaster, Muahahaha, mwrf, nick 56, o1s1n, oleras, One More Toy, paddy19, PandaX9, Peregrine, PerrinV2, PopePalpatine, PukkaStukka, py, RCK1, rock chic, Rossie11, Rothko, saintsaltynuts, Sandz066, SchrodingersCat, scoobydude, silvervixen84, Sir Oxman, SM01, Snow Garden, Squeeonline, Stark, Stephen Gawking, steves2, sugarman, sydthebeat, Tabnabs, tallaghtfornia, TallGlass2, Temptamperu, The Bishop Basher, the purple tin, TheDativeCase, TheIrishGrover, TheMilkyPirate, The_Kew_Tour, unhappys10, Whatsisname, Wuff Wuff, xieann, Yeah_Right, Zaph
31-03-2020, 12:03   #4
grayzer75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgj2015 View Post
For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.
Exact same with Hermes in the north absolute sh1tehawks.....
31-03-2020, 12:04   #5
everlast75

NTL - awful. Cablelink was nearly as bad
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 12:05   #6
Vautours Ghost

USIT
(5) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 12:07   #7
DeanAustin

What does my head in about companies is that they all talk about being customer obsessed and customer focused. It's all a load of nonsense. I had to contact one (a telecommunications provider who are actually better than they were) last week. I wanted to call them. Finding a phone number on their website was like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. For a customer obsessed company, they weren't too keen for me to call them.

They kept pushing me to their self help option which didn't bloody answer my question. When I eventually got a phone number, I got an IVR system that was like a f**king labyrinth with the amount of options and even when I keyed my account number, by the time I got through, they asked me for it again.

Most companies do that sort of sh!t and claim to be customer focused. They absolutely aren't because they are giving the level of customer service they want (i.e. the cheapest/most cost effective) rather than what their customers actually want.

But in answer to the question, eir are pretty f**king crap. And they aren't the company I'm referring to above.
31-03-2020, 12:08   #8
Deebles McBeebles

In my experience it has to be a tie between Vodafone and AES. Both are absolutely f*cking shocking.
31-03-2020, 12:09   #9
L1011

Three.

AES are also awful, but not as bad as Three.
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 12:11   #10
codie

Eir customer service and Dhl
Our DHL courier drops your parcel at a local petrol station. Doesn't even ring you to tell you parcel is there
You have to keep tracking it. Before that they would ring and ask you to meet them in town.
I don't order any more from a company that uses DHL.
31-03-2020, 12:15   #11
Tea Shock
Banned

NTL/Chorus/UPC - whatever you want to call them
31-03-2020, 12:16   #12
CrankyHaus

You're taking about Sky aren't you? Their automated systems brutal but otherwise they're grand.

Saw Eir take advantage of my elderly parents for years. Billing them for 2 lines, one for "broadband" that was actually slower than the ISDN had been at the start of the century. Complaints to Comreg only resulted in their "engineer" "solving the problem" by coming into the house to butcher the internal set-up of powerline's and repeaters I'd built to spread wi-fi around it. Switched to Midband solution. Less than 1/3 the price, many times the speed, zero hassle.
31-03-2020, 12:19   #13
Ficheall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgj2015 View Post
Social distancing..
(2) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 12:40   #14
pgj2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficheall View Post
Social distancing..

There wasn't social distancing back in June last year.
31-03-2020, 12:48   #15
anewme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vautours Ghost View Post
USIT
Well you wont have to worry about them anymore. They've gone into Liquidation over the weekend, with 149 people losing their jobs.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion