Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-03-2020, 17:51   #1
Lex Luthor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,244
Need to pay balance of holiday by Saturday

at the moment we are booked for 2 weeks in the canaries in June
Flights paid for
€250 of accomodation deposit paid

Remainder of approx €2,500 of accom to be paid by Sat

Have asked accom company if they could allow a delay but has said we will forfeit our booking

anyone in similar situation and deciding what to do?

We are a family of 4 and all healthy, no underlying health conditions and boys are 19 & 16
Lex Luthor is offline  
Advertisement
12-03-2020, 18:45   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17,752
No one knows what will happen in June.
If it were me, I'd loose the 250 and cancel the accommodation.
Leave the flights alone for now.
Carly Odd Hitch is offline  
12-03-2020, 18:46   #3
ted1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly Odd Hitch View Post
No one knows what will happen in June.
If it were me, I'd loose the 250 and cancel the accommodation.
Leave the flights alone for now.
Me too probably pick up the same deal for half the price

The hotels will be having Corona sales with so many cancellations
ted1 is offline  
Thanks from:
12-03-2020, 18:49   #4
_Brian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14,790
They’re just playing hardball trying to force bookings to protect themselves.

I would hold off, yes you will likely loose the deposit but there is a good chance they will relent and allow late payment in time.
_Brian is offline  
(3) thanks from:
12-03-2020, 18:54   #5
landofthetree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
at the moment we are booked for 2 weeks in the canaries in June
Flights paid for
€250 of accomodation deposit paid

Remainder of approx €2,500 of accom to be paid by Sat

Have asked accom company if they could allow a delay but has said we will forfeit our booking

anyone in similar situation and deciding what to do?

We are a family of 4 and all healthy, no underlying health conditions and boys are 19 & 16
What I would do is go onto bookings.com.

Use the filter and see can you get any suitable accommodation that has free cancellation.

Worth a shot.
landofthetree is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2020, 19:13   #6
Dodge
Registered User
 
Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,681
Lose the booking. If you’re asking yourself the question then so are thousands of others around Europe. If things improve you’ll have €2,500 to spend on a holiday in Europe and you can pick the same place or somewhere else.

And this way you’re not constantly worrying about ‘losing’ €2,500. Hold tight and see where you are in a while
Dodge is offline  
12-03-2020, 19:33   #7
dartboardio
Registered User
 
dartboardio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,878
I'd keep the booking. June is a while away and the virus won't be able to exist in really hot climates.
dartboardio is offline  
Thanks from:
12-03-2020, 19:36   #8
Fireball81
Registered User
 
Fireball81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by landofthetree View Post
What I would do is go onto bookings.com.

Use the filter and see can you get any suitable accommodation that has free cancellation.

Worth a shot.
This - worst case you lose the flights.
Fireball81 is offline  
12-03-2020, 19:39   #9
salmocab
Registered User
 
salmocab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7,247
I’m in similar boat although was able to cancel accommodation as if booked it in booking.com just going to wait a few weeks and see what happens
salmocab is offline  
Advertisement
12-03-2020, 19:48   #10
dartboardio
Registered User
 
dartboardio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,878
speaking of booking.com
amsterdam 4 star hotel 4 nights €144 this sunday!!

anyone know would it be absolutely dead over there or business as usual
dartboardio is offline  
12-03-2020, 19:51   #11
Green farmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,584
Ring them. Quite possible they'll agree to kick it out for another few weeks .
Green farmer is offline  
12-03-2020, 20:21   #12
Lex Luthor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green farmer View Post
Ring them. Quite possible they'll agree to kick it out for another few weeks .
Made contact by email earlier

Here’s the response

“At the moment business is operating as usual and your remaining balance needs to be paid on time.
Failure to pay the balance on time can result in automatic cancellation of your holiday. “
Lex Luthor is offline  
12-03-2020, 20:24   #13
Lex Luthor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9,244
Emotions are running high today

A good nights sleep and a clear head tomorrow
Lex Luthor is offline  
12-03-2020, 20:37   #14
Seve OB
Registered User
 
Seve OB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartboardio View Post
I'd keep the booking. June is a while away and the virus won't be able to exist in really hot climates.
Says who?
Not WHO anyway
Seve OB is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-03-2020, 20:49   #15
ted1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartboardio View Post
I'd keep the booking. June is a while away and the virus won't be able to exist in really hot climates.
Yet it’s in the Middle East and other warm places.
ted1 is offline  
(4) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet