Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-01-2020, 08:03   #4846
Podge_irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencesummers View Post
Scotland will want redemption and revenge from japan, and when a team is hurt they are dangerous.
Scotland have wanted redemption for about a decade at this point. It's not doing them much good.
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 08:06   #4847
sydthebeat
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podge_irl View Post
Scotland have wanted redemption for about a decade at this point. It's not doing them much good.
And it's not as if we came out of Japan smelling of roses.

There is a huge demand in that Irish camp to exercise the demons of RWC 2019, and scotland are firmly in the cross hairs.
31-01-2020, 08:51   #4848
stephen_n

Ireland certainly had weaknesses last year, but Scotland’s pack doesn’t have what it takes to exploit them.
31-01-2020, 09:06   #4849
evil_seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionadnapokot View Post
Sexton with the epic skin fade
https://www.sportsfile.com/id/1875406/

Definitely no grey hairs Johnny
Looks like a young Andy Farrell
31-01-2020, 09:07   #4850
irelandrover

So Ireland coming off a bad world cup is a weakness but its a strength for Scotland.
That makes perfect sense.
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 09:51   #4851
Former Former

Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandrover View Post
So Ireland coming off a bad world cup is a weakness but its a strength for Scotland.
That makes perfect sense.
There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito...

Look, Scotland might win on Saturday, but that applies to every game ever.

We have better players, and said players are now emerging from Joe's basement of conservatism, squinting in the daylight of Farrell's fast and loose approach, ready to breathe the free air of Catt's attacking abandon.

It's just odd that the same posters who are so sure that it was Joe who derailed us in 2019 are the ones who now can't fathom the possibility that things might be different without him.
31-01-2020, 12:50   #4852
Yeah_Right

Quote:

We have the potential for problems that could be weaknesses, areas of our game that need to go well, new lineout that hasn’t played together ever, I’ve never been impressed with herrings throwing, a 9 who isnt playing consistent, 10 just back from injury and a backup 10 with no 6 nations experience, 12 who tackles illegally, a new coach so maybe a new approach to the game, a debutant in a key position at 8. On the day Scotland might not be able to put enough pressure to make any of these weaknesses turn the game but they have the potential to.
Some valid concerns there. Question on Bundee's tackling technique, is it actually an issue? I know he got carded against Samoa but that was pretty unlucky. Has he been carded or penalised a lot for illegal tackles? I honestly don't know.

Also you forgot to add the lack of impact from the bench covering the backrow. An early injury there and Ireland are down to 14 men.
Thanks from:
31-01-2020, 13:24   #4853
molloyjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Right View Post
Some valid concerns there. Question on Bundee's tackling technique, is it actually an issue? I know he got carded against Samoa but that was pretty unlucky. Has he been carded or penalised a lot for illegal tackles? I honestly don't know.

Also you forgot to add the lack of impact from the bench covering the backrow. An early injury there and Ireland are down to 14 men.
We could end up having to use our entire bench in the first half due to injuries, and then lose some of those to injury too, ending up with us finishing with 10 men on the park. Theres just so much room for failure. Failure. FAILURE!

Or more than likely we'll win reasonably comfortably playing reasonably well without really departing a massive amount from previous years and we'll go around this merry go round all over again next week.
31-01-2020, 13:51   #4854
Burkie1203

Quote:
It sure does look like Scotland have bigger weaknesses than we do, their scrum is poor, they have tended to kick way to much, and they don’t get their back 3 into the game, it looks like an easy win for Ireland but things don’t always work out that way.

We have the potential for problems that could be weaknesses, areas of our game that need to go well, new lineout that hasn’t played together ever, I’ve never been impressed with herrings throwing, a 9 who isnt playing consistent, 10 just back from injury and a backup 10 with no 6 nations experience, 12 who tackles illegally, a new coach so maybe a new approach to the game, a debutant in a key position at 8. On the day Scotland might not be able to put enough pressure to make any of these weaknesses turn the game but they have the potential to.

Overall I think Ireland will win, but it’s not going to be plain sailing, or one way traffic. I would say a game Where we won’t win both halves and the result isnt decided For definite until the last 10 minutes.
Scotland pack is weak IMO. Ireland to dominate up front with more genuine ball carriers meaning teams can no longer target Stander.

Ireland by 20
Doris to be MOTM.
Cooney to come on around the 55-60 mark and score
Adam Hastings to have nightmares all next week about a red scrum cap
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 14:04   #4855
Bazzo

Quote:

No, other than that card I can recall 1 other card for him in 6 years playing for Connacht.
Thanks from:
31-01-2020, 14:04   #4856
lawrencesummers

Quote:

No it’s not really much of an issue, the lack of intent and split second nature in the World Cup should have been mitigating factors. Bundee just likes to hit hard and nothing wrong with that!
31-01-2020, 14:09   #4857
aloooof

Quote:
12 who tackles illegally
Quote:
No it’s not really much of an issue, the lack of intent and split second nature in the World Cup should have been mitigating factors. Bundee just likes to hit hard and nothing wrong with that!
So he doesn't tackle illegally? That was easy, at least.
(2) thanks from:
31-01-2020, 14:32   #4858
lawrencesummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloooof View Post
So he doesn't tackle illegally? That was easy, at least.
I never said that.
31-01-2020, 14:43   #4859
aloooof

Quote:
I never said that.
What other way are we supposed to interpret "12 who tackles illegally" in a post about our weaknesses vs Scotland??
(4) thanks from:
31-01-2020, 14:53   #4860
arsebiscuits1

Quote:
12 who tackles illegally
If we're only going to use one example to base an entire opinion on then....

Sexton can't kick
Murray can't pass
Cooney can't kick or pass
Furlong can't scrummage
Stander can't carry
VDF can't tackle
Larmour can't beat a defender

etc.

etc.

etc.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply