11-03-2021, 14:48   #2671
jd_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by FintanMcluskey View Post
https://www.farmersjournal.ie/wr-sha...holland-607413

Surely one of the biggest shocks in recent years in the trade.
Definitely. Has to be a massive branch with all the tractors out on hire. It'll be some loss for New Holland if its not resolved though. Were they paying for their tractors i wonder to compensate for the new branch? That's what happened with the New Holland Dealer in West Cork a few years back. Big losses on stocks and selling new tractors that he wasn't paying for!
Advertisement
11-03-2021, 15:40   #2672
DBK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_12345 View Post
Definitely. Has to be a massive branch with all the tractors out on hire. It'll be some loss for New Holland if its not resolved though. Were they paying for their tractors i wonder to compensate for the new branch? That's what happened with the New Holland Dealer in West Cork a few years back. Big losses on stocks and selling new tractors that he wasn't paying for!
It’s in the pipeline since before Xmas. There were a few issues being argued over by both sides but payment for new tractors certainly wasn’t one of the problems.

In the end it was New Holland who decided to pull the plug so they must expect to be able to take on another dealer to make up the sales.

They’d want to organise it fairly quick as Shaws have only recently bought out Lyons and Burton so New Holland is gone from their branches too which leaves a very big empty space in the midlands and north Leinster now for NH.
Thanks from:
11-03-2021, 17:25   #2673
whelan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBK1 View Post
It’s in the pipeline since before Xmas. There were a few issues being argued over by both sides but payment for new tractors certainly wasn’t one of the problems.

In the end it was New Holland who decided to pull the plug so they must expect to be able to take on another dealer to make up the sales.

They’d want to organise it fairly quick as Shaws have only recently bought out Lyons and Burton so New Holland is gone from their branches too which leaves a very big empty space in the midlands and north Leinster now for NH.
Will Armstrong machinery not just take over now?
Thanks from:
11-03-2021, 17:29   #2674
Jb1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaherx View Post
Can be done with one person with an easy bleed kit. I've got one that connects to a valve on one of the tyres and uses the air pressure to bleed the system.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/gunson-bra...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I had to buy an extra lid and drill a hole in it for my fluid reservoir as none included in the kit fitted.
Lifted same setup, different name tho, at 20 euro, today in motor Factors, super job.
11-03-2021, 18:04   #2675
DBK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whelan2 View Post
Will Armstrong machinery not just take over now?
I suppose they’ll pick up some of the north Leinster customers.

Mike Garahy will probably get more of the midlands lads. M&S and Murphy’s will get back some of the southern lads. When it’s all divided up they might all just gain a small bit and New Holland could still survive without WR Shaw!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2021, 19:15   #2676
Blaaz_

Quote:

Mike Garahy will probably get more of the midlands lads. M&S and Murphy’s will get back some of the southern lads. When it’s all divided up they might all just gain a small bit and New Holland could still survive without WR Shaw!!
He was stepping on a lot of toes and murphys couldnt compete with him price wise.....may have been a dealer revolt within new holland??

I know one grass machinery brand suffered a similar row years ago,with dealers being undercut across the country by one crowd and then expected to do the warrenty work on machines,they havnt sold
Thanks from:
11-03-2021, 20:12   #2677
funkey_monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by timple23 View Post
He's going putting an led light bar around the wheelarch like the side of an artic trailer anyway
Just watched it. Wasn't struck on the light bar - its a bit form over function and a bit of a fashion addition. Seems well made though. Surprised he didn't hold off for the right one.
I see he didn't go for my method of the inline switch. I'll not be mucking with the electrics in mine so I'm happy to go for the inline switch.
Thanks from:
11-03-2021, 22:12   #2678
jaymla627

Quote:

With a t6 180 dynamic gone north of 100k plus the vat as a example of a popular new holland tractor who's going to have the price of one, the ex-hire tractors where savage value out of their as a example a fully loaded t 6 180 with in our around 700 hours ex-hire where being sold for 80k incl vat out of that dealership in 2018, the contractor/farmer is the only real casualty with the dealership being pulled
11-03-2021, 22:43   #2679
DBK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaz_ View Post
He was stepping on a lot of toes and murphys couldnt compete with him price wise.....may have been a dealer revolt within new holland??

I know one grass machinery brand suffered a similar row years ago,with dealers being undercut across the country by one crowd and then expected to do the warrenty work on machines,they havnt sold
There was a bit of a revolt before he bought out Lyons and Burton alright but it was supposed to have been sorted. A few more issues came up afterwards and there was unresolvable differences supposedly.

He definitely would have been stepping on other lads toes, he was selling to every corner of the country.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2021, 22:48   #2680
DBK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymla627 View Post
With a t6 180 dynamic gone north of 100k plus the vat as a example of a popular new holland tractor who's going to have the price of one, the ex-hire tractors where savage value out of their as a example a fully loaded t 6 180 with in our around 700 hours ex-hire where being sold for 80k incl vat out of that dealership in 2018, the contractor/farmer is the only real casualty with the dealership being pulled
I see your point but the number of ex-hires is greatly reduced from now on regardless of Shaws or not. Bord Na Mona were using about 70 new tractors every year and they were all sold as ex hires. Bord Na Mona obviously aren’t renewing that contract as they are finished peat production so them numbers won’t be there in future no matter who the dealer is.

There was also about 20 or 25 tractors hired into the airport and I heard (but can’t confirm) that he had lost that contract already as well so between the two that would be near 100 tractors not available any more as ex hire no matter what. .
11-03-2021, 22:49   #2681
kevthegaff

What will Shaws sell now?
11-03-2021, 22:55   #2682
DBK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevthegaff View Post
What will Shaws sell now?
The rumours around here are that he plans to stay sourcing the clean second hand New Holland’s from UK and further afield and sell them.
(2) thanks from:
11-03-2021, 23:00   #2683
kevthegaff

I deal with garaghy, worst thing it will be harder to get these lads as theyl take on new clients
(2) thanks from:
11-03-2021, 23:08   #2684
DBK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevthegaff View Post
I deal with garaghy, worst thing it will be harder to get these lads as theyl take on new clients
I deal with him myself too. A sound man and very knowledgeable on what he does. Aileen (his wife) knows almost as much as him when it comes to the spare parts!
(2) thanks from:
12-03-2021, 13:30   #2685
timple23

Was comparing last years IFJ machinery price supplement with this year, most big machines/tractors have gone up by 1/2k. Fusions have increased by 5 to 10k on last years price.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion