Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-08-2019, 11:38   #1
Not in Kansas

Kaleidoscope 2020

With information about the 2020 festival being teased on social media I thought I'd get a thread up and running.

Were you there this year and will you go back?

What are your expectations? Bigger (they nearly always are second time around) better (not always...ahem) or mostly the same with tweaks?

Did you fill out the survey? Will it improve things?

I will return and I'm hoping for far better security on the camp site so my child can get some rest this year and better acts during the day time on the main stage with less gaps where there is no music at all.

As an Electric Picnic veteran I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and I'll be hoping for more of the same.

If it's staying mostly Irish I'd love Villagers, Lisa Hannigan, The Duckworth Lewis Method and Sive to play!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-08-2019, 18:15   #2
Col45

I enjoyed last 2019. Do you think early bird tickets will be the same again?
Thanks from:
26-08-2019, 19:24   #3
exilec

Hs the date been confirmed yet for next year ?? Can't see anything . Thanks
Thanks from:
26-08-2019, 19:40   #4
Not in Kansas

I doubt the early bird will be quite as good as last year.

They put on Facebook last Friday that they would have news on date and ticket release early this week, so keep an eye on social media as it should be soon!
Thanks from:
27-08-2019, 10:41   #5
corm500

The lineup was very poor this year, but it was cheap as chips for tickets. If they are increasing the ticket price, then exponentially they need to increase the caliber of the acts.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-08-2019, 11:13   #6
SteM

We were away this year so couldn't make it. We're close enough to consider going next year, no problem with an 8 year old I would guess? Seemed to be lots for kids to do.
27-08-2019, 11:17   #7
SteM

Double post.
27-08-2019, 15:29   #8
Not in Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteM View Post
We were away this year so couldn't make it. We're close enough to consider going next year, no problem with an 8 year old I would guess? Seemed to be lots for kids to do.
Plenty for kids to do! It was a very young crowd this year. The 'things-to-do' side seemed to be better than the music side!
Thanks from:
28-08-2019, 17:36   #9
Not in Kansas

Dates are out folks and more info. Check their FB page or Website.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-08-2019, 20:46   #10
Col45

No mention of ticket prices or early bird like this year
07-09-2019, 16:11   #11
Not in Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col45 View Post
No mention of ticket prices or early bird like this year
No mention. I think it will be very competitive to get those early bird tickets. a lot of families missed out on tickets for Electric Picnic today and will be looking for an alternative.
08-09-2019, 12:21   #12
danois

I think they need to separate camping. Didn’t work not having a family specific camping area. We had security roaring at us to be quiet at 12:30 had no speakers just 2 adults and 2 teens sitting outside the tent chatting. I know there are going to be kids around but come on it’s a festival not everyone wants to sleep at 12:30!

Need to focus a little more on music this year too. Hopefully it will still have the same relaxed vibe as last year as it had the makings of a good festival. Not anywhere near ATN standards yet but was still good. I think early bird prices will be the final decider on if I return or not.
09-09-2019, 14:16   #13
Not in Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by danois View Post
I think they need to separate camping. Didn’t work not having a family specific camping area. We had security roaring at us to be quiet at 12:30 had no speakers just 2 adults and 2 teens sitting outside the tent chatting.
Interesting. We had the opposite experience. A group of roughly 4 families partied hard, music blaring till 4am, sing-song etc on both Friday and Saturday night. We didn't hang around to see if they did it again on Sunday as my child was a nervous, tired wreck by then. No security could be found to deal with it either night!
11-09-2019, 15:20   #14
Tefral

Got my refund cheque in the post after much badgering.
24-09-2019, 13:46   #15
suemcdik

Anyone who had car camping last year and opted to get the voucher instead of refund? Did you get your voucher yet?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion