10-02-2021, 19:01   #121
GalwayBmw

One thing came to my mind after ordering Echelon - which might be worth considering before the purchase. You pay once off price for getting the actual bike, Echelon is cheaper alright, but let's be honest it'll never meet Peloton in terms of the look & quality. But again it's a once off thing.

On the other hand monthly subscription fees for both bikes are quite comparable, so on a longer run them not your bike cost will become your main expense. Having this in mind it might be worth considering Peloton as long as you can absorb its initial cost and get the bloody thing delivered to Eire
Advertisement
10-02-2021, 20:17   #122
zweton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalwayBmw View Post
One thing came to my mind after ordering Echelon - which might be worth considering before the purchase. You pay once off price for getting the actual bike, Echelon is cheaper alright, but let's be honest it'll never meet Peloton in terms of the look & quality. But again it's a once off thing.

On the other hand monthly subscription fees for both bikes are quite comparable, so on a longer run them not your bike cost will become your main expense. Having this in mind it might be worth considering Peloton as long as you can absorb its initial cost and get the bloody thing delivered to Eire
Warranty is automatically void if you even manage to get it to Ireland, hardly worth the risk.
11-02-2021, 08:38   #123
topdecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastie17 View Post
Is it similar setup to the Peleton? Live and recorded classes?
Have you used the Peleton? wondering how you feel it compares if you have. Thanks
Not used the peloton. Only have nordictrack to compare to and it is so much better than their complicated muck.
Using echelon app at moment and have access to live and recorded classes. Trainers are good and you definitely go hard in the classes- loving EDM workouts get the spirits up.

I tried to pair with peloton app but you don’t get metrics and therefore you can not push yourself based on leaderboard or metrics. So I have gone for the 2 year membership and £25 a month fee for that time but paid in a lump sum. Bit of an outlay but sorted for next while. Getting 2x 20 min sessions about 5/6 days a week. Wahoo ticker as well for HR at 50€ so plenty of metrics to help me on my way.

Last edited by topdecko; 11-02-2021 at 09:05.
22-02-2021, 20:49   #124
BBMcQ

I’ve been scouring the Internet for anything to do the job for 400-800.. slim pickings. Originally ordered a Citysports CS8 from Fruugo.ie €389 but then found the CS10 from Evercross.eu for €299. Turned out to good to be true because they don’t delivery to Ireland now cuz of Brexit.

Currently on a Proform upright exercise bike but want something less upright. 800 is definitely the upper limit so the Echelon Connect would wanna be bullet proof. Anyone tried the Proform Tour de France?
23-02-2021, 21:03   #125
dinneenp

For 15% off on Echelon products through Wrkit https://wrkit.jdmproducts.com/?brand=ECHELON use 7BJC-WMKC

They have some similar to Peleton bikes, out of stock atm but could phone them and check when they'll be in. For one of them the ETA is Jan 2021....
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-02-2021, 10:33   #126
wassie

Good review video covering a few of the popular alternatives to Peloton if you want to use the Peloton Digital App.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m20r9DSKKk

Note that the Schwinn IC4 is sold in 110V markets (eg US) and sold as the IC8 in 220V markets (eg UK).

Just search youtube for 'Peloton Hack' and you will get endless instructional videos on cheap alternative setups.

Also at the lower end with good reputation is the JLL IC300 Pro with magnetic resistance and 20kg flywheel (similar to Joroto X2 in video above) - currently £440 on backorder with Amazon although was £280 this time last year - 57% increase!

Anyone buying an indoor exercise/spin bike (like most home gym equipment) at this point in time is going to be paying a 'pandemic premium' due to a combination of high seasonal demand, stock shortages and lockdown.

Many suppliers are currently out of stock but are expecting to be restocked over the next month or so due to global shipping constraints due to covid.

If you are prepared to wait for a few more months, I would expect some serious discounts as demand drops off and suppliers seek to move excess stock heading into a potential covidless summer.
24-02-2021, 11:34   #127
magicbastarder

i don't use it myself, because i don't have a turbo trainer, but the GCN+ subscription seems to come with a lot of instructor led training sessions. i don't know how many are actually live though, but i think they do do them.
26-02-2021, 21:28   #128
BBMcQ

Narrowed it down to Proform CBC vs Echelon Connect..

Proform €799
€100 cheaper plus 1 year iFit
Auto-changing resistance
Runs on batteries
But, does not link to Apple health

Echelon €899
Better build quality, quieter
Enclosed flywheel safe with kids
More comfortable height
But, €40 a month for full app and manual resistance changing

Decisions decisions. Such a bummer that these bikes are $385 and $499 in the States!

Any opinions?
27-02-2021, 08:59   #129
nadz74

Has anyone ordered the schwinn IC8 from fitness superstore uk since brexit ? And if so did u get charged import duties
Thanks
Nadine
Advertisement
10-03-2021, 16:32   #130
BBMcQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinneenp View Post
For 15% off on Echelon products through Wrkit https://wrkit.jdmproducts.com/?brand=ECHELON use 7BJC-WMKC

They have some similar to Peleton bikes, out of stock atm but could phone them and check when they'll be in. For one of them the ETA is Jan 2021....
Did anyone successfully order? I keep getting “strong customer authentication required”
01-05-2021, 15:46   #131
BBMcQ

Anyone sign up for the echelon app, want to create a virtual family?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion