Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-10-2018, 14:45   #1
oohaahupthera

Weird PPSN Issue

Please move if this is the wrong place:

I was making a new bank account (already have one) and when asked to fill in my PPSN i realised that the PPSN on my Drugs Payment Scheme card is different to that on my P60.

Should i be worried?
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 15:04   #2
Victor

Not 'worried'. However, do check with DEASP Client Identity Services. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...ce_number.html

There had been a long period where married women were given a modified version of their husband's PPSN. These women are being allocated their own PPSNs.

Last edited by Victor; 11-10-2018 at 15:11.
11-10-2018, 15:06   #3
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohaahupthera View Post
Please move if this is the wrong place:

I was making a new bank account (already have one) and when asked to fill in my PPSN i realised that the PPSN on my Drugs Payment Scheme card is different to that on my P60.

Should i be worried?
On your drugs payment card the PPSN is printed in the bottom left hand corner of the card. Yes I would be very concerned if you are known by two different PPSNs and you’ll have to attend your local SW office to get it sorted out if you are.
11-10-2018, 15:08   #4
banie01

1st thing to do is to confirm thats it the PPSN that is different and that you're not using the DPS card number.
If there are 2 different PPSN's a visit to your SW office will be needed.
11-10-2018, 15:14   #5
oohaahupthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
1st thing to do is to confirm thats it the PPSN that is different and that you're not using the DPS card number.
If there are 2 different PPSN's a visit to your SW office will be needed.
Yup the PPSN bottom left of the payment card is what im looking at and its not matching my P60, employer info about me, my payslips etc.

As I never applied for this card it was my mother years ago hopefully this is just an error on her part and I don't have two PPSN's or something insane..

I will call into SW at some point and see whats going on thanks.
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 15:53   #6
splinter65

Quote:
Yup the PPSN bottom left of the payment card is what im looking at and its not matching my P60, employer info about me, my payslips etc.

As I never applied for this card it was my mother years ago hopefully this is just an error on her part and I don't have two PPSN's or something insane..

I will call into SW at some point and see whats going on thanks.
Id go sooner rather than later as if it is your employer that has the wrong PPSN then your deductions (PAYE PRSI USC) have been disappearing into a black hole....*
* highly unlikely but nothing’s impossible in red tape Ireland

Last edited by splinter65; 11-10-2018 at 16:03.
11-10-2018, 15:56   #7
okatied

If the card was obtained by your mother it could be her PPSN.
My husband's and children's DPS cards have my number each with a different letter at the end.

Last edited by okatied; 11-10-2018 at 15:57. Reason: Clarify stuff
Thanks from:
11-10-2018, 16:08   #8
hugedinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by okatied View Post
If the card was obtained by your mother it could be her PPSN.
My husband's and children's DPS cards have my number each with a different letter at the end.

But that number is labelled as "DPS NUMBER". It is printed in the middle of the card just under the name.

Each card has the individual's own PPSN printed on the bottom line.
16-10-2018, 16:11   #9
oohaahupthera

So things are getting even stranger lads. I emailed Welfare as i couldnt get through on the phone.

They confirmed I do seem to have two PPS numbers and said both are linked to the same PRSI record.

The only comment he had was "going forward i would recommend using the number that ends with a *certain letter*.
Advertisement
16-10-2018, 16:13   #10
splinter65

Quote:
So things are getting even stranger lads. I emailed Welfare as i couldnt get through on the phone.

They confirmed I do seem to have two PPS numbers and said both are linked to the same PRSI record.

The only comment he had was "going forward i would recommend using the number that ends with a *certain letter*.
Good Lord I wouldn’t be happy with that. At all. And I’m not a drama queen in these matters.
Thanks from:
16-10-2018, 16:32   #11
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
Good Lord I wouldn’t be happy with that. At all. And I’m not a drama queen in these matters.
Whst would you want to happen? Deleting either coild cause part of the overall record to be deleted.
16-10-2018, 16:35   #12
oohaahupthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs OBumble View Post
Whst would you want to happen? Deleting either coild cause part of the overall record to be deleted.
I just want some more info, what should i do? Should i ignore it and just plug away like it isnt a thing. Should i be worried? Should I contact them for further steps?

Instead I just got: Yup you have two PPS numbers mate. GL!
Thanks from:
16-10-2018, 16:55   #13
L1011

Once Revenue are also aware they're they're the same profile and you don't end up with under or over claimed credits I can't see any issue.

Secondary codes (T or X added to the end I think) existed or may still exist for people who work two distinct jobs that are paid separately but with the same employer and there are still people using the Wife numbers of antiquity when they also have a personal one. So there are valid reasons for duplicate numbers they already have methods to handle
Thanks from:
16-10-2018, 18:57   #14
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs OBumble View Post
I’d want all the information and contributions etc transferred onto one number. And the other number deleted.
16-10-2018, 23:06   #15
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
I’d want all the and contributions etc transferred onto one number. And the other number deleted.
the OP has already confirmed that the contributions for both PPSNs are already on a single PRSI record.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion