Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weird PPSN Issue

Options
  • 11-10-2018 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Please move if this is the wrong place:

I was making a new bank account (already have one) and when asked to fill in my PPSN i realised that the PPSN on my Drugs Payment Scheme card is different to that on my P60.

Should i be worried?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,241 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not 'worried'. However, do check with DEASP Client Identity Services. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/personal_public_service_number.html

There had been a long period where married women were given a modified version of their husband's PPSN. These women are being allocated their own PPSNs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Please move if this is the wrong place:

I was making a new bank account (already have one) and when asked to fill in my PPSN i realised that the PPSN on my Drugs Payment Scheme card is different to that on my P60.

Should i be worried?

On your drugs payment card the PPSN is printed in the bottom left hand corner of the card. Yes I would be very concerned if you are known by two different PPSNs and you’ll have to attend your local SW office to get it sorted out if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

1st thing to do is to confirm thats it the PPSN that is different and that you're not using the DPS card number.
    If there are 2 different PPSN's a visit to your SW office will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oohaahupthera

banie01 wrote: »
    1st thing to do is to confirm thats it the PPSN that is different and that you're not using the DPS card number.
    If there are 2 different PPSN's a visit to your SW office will be needed.

Yup the PPSN bottom left of the payment card is what im looking at and its not matching my P60, employer info about me, my payslips etc.

As I never applied for this card it was my mother years ago hopefully this is just an error on her part and I don't have two PPSN's or something insane..

I will call into SW at some point and see whats going on thanks.

Yup the PPSN bottom left of the payment card is what im looking at and its not matching my P60, employer info about me, my payslips etc.

As I never applied for this card it was my mother years ago hopefully this is just an error on her part and I don't have two PPSN's or something insane..

I will call into SW at some point and see whats going on thanks.
    Id go sooner rather than later as if it is your employer that has the wrong PPSN then your deductions (PAYE PRSI USC) have been disappearing into a black hole....*
    * highly unlikely but nothing’s impossible in red tape Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

If the card was obtained by your mother it could be her PPSN.
    My husband's and children's DPS cards have my number each with a different letter at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 hugedinosaur

okatied wrote: »
    If the card was obtained by your mother it could be her PPSN.
    My husband's and children's DPS cards have my number each with a different letter at the end.

But that number is labelled as "DPS NUMBER". It is printed in the middle of the card just under the name.

Each card has the individual's own PPSN printed on the bottom line.

So things are getting even stranger lads. I emailed Welfare as i couldnt get through on the phone.

They confirmed I do seem to have two PPS numbers and said both are linked to the same PRSI record.

The only comment he had was "going forward i would recommend using the number that ends with a *certain letter*.

So things are getting even stranger lads. I emailed Welfare as i couldnt get through on the phone.

They confirmed I do seem to have two PPS numbers and said both are linked to the same PRSI record.

The only comment he had was "going forward i would recommend using the number that ends with a *certain letter*.

Good Lord I wouldn’t be happy with that. At all. And I’m not a drama queen in these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

splinter65 wrote: »
    Good Lord I wouldn’t be happy with that. At all. And I’m not a drama queen in these matters.

Whst would you want to happen? Deleting either coild cause part of the overall record to be deleted.

• Advertisement

Whst would you want to happen? Deleting either coild cause part of the overall record to be deleted.

I just want some more info, what should i do? Should i ignore it and just plug away like it isnt a thing. Should i be worried? Should I contact them for further steps?

Instead I just got: Yup you have two PPS numbers mate. GL!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Once Revenue are also aware they're they're the same profile and you don't end up with under or over claimed credits I can't see any issue.

Secondary codes (T or X added to the end I think) existed or may still exist for people who work two distinct jobs that are paid separately but with the same employer and there are still people using the Wife numbers of antiquity when they also have a personal one. So there are valid reasons for duplicate numbers they already have methods to handle

I’d want all the information and contributions etc transferred onto one number. And the other number deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’d want all the and contributions etc transferred onto one number. And the other number deleted.

the OP has already confirmed that the contributions for both PPSNs are already on a single PRSI record.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

What if information appears in the future regarding the deleted number?

Advertisement