Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-10-2018, 20:38   #1
billcullen1

Car accident

A car hit the side front of my car .He was trying to a left hand turn from the wrong lane. I called the garda's they took a note of the event when they arrived, and said they don't get involved in civil matters. Even though verbally he said to be that he paying and he admitted liability at the scene. However 2 days later he denied everything, my car had to be towed,storage which he said he would pay but never did. He drove away after exchanging details. I am very concerned medical costs are rapidly rising via vhi, physio gp etc. They still are in denial. I have suffered from loss of work as I can't drive my car until it's repaired which they have refused. I have vhi seeking 100% recovery of there costs which is an absolute disgrace considering I didn't cause the accident. I was going to work as usual through no fault of my own someone decides otherwise. I find the situation very unfair on a genuine injured party.
Advertisement
10-10-2018, 22:34   #2
Eggs For Dinner

Get a solicitor
Thanks from:
11-10-2018, 15:03   #3
seagull

Have you been in contact with his insurance? At worst, you can claim through your insurance and then have them chase him.
11-10-2018, 15:06   #4
uncommon_name

I would get in contact with his insurance company and see what they say. After that I would look in to getting a solicitor, I know its expensive but it might be worth it.
11-10-2018, 16:24   #5
NUTLEY BOY

+1 previous observations.

Be sure to get good photographs of the damage to your car to confirm your account of the accident.
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 17:05   #6
Eggs For Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Have you been in contact with his insurance? At worst, you can claim through your insurance and then have them chase him.
Your own insurer may fix up your car and pursue the 3rd party for recovery, but they won't be able to look after the injury side. You have to do that yourself or with the assistance of a solicitor

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion